Nothing is more frustrating than waiting for your email account to load for an awfully long time. Especially, when you are looking to send/ receive some important email waiting can be extremely annoying. There is no doubt that MSN is a good email service that works flawlessly with most of the browsers. However, it is also true that problems like MSN not working on web browsers like chrome, firefox, safari, etc. are often encounter by many users.
You should go through this post if you are also dealing with MSN stopped working and similar issues. Here, we will list the troubleshooting measures to resolve such problems in various web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
What to do if MSN stops working on Google Chrome?
We will start with the most popular browser i.e. Google Chrome. In case MSN not opening on Google Chrome, you follow the steps listed below.
- Update Google Chrome: First of all, make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. If you are using an older version then you need to update the same by following the steps below.
- Open menu by clicking on the three vertical dots icon available at the top-right corner.
- Move your cursor on to the “help” option available in the drop-down menu.
- Select “About Google Chrome” from the next menu.
- Next, you just have to wait because the browser will update automatically.
- Clear Browser’s Data: In case MSN not responding even in an updated browser then you need to clear data such as cache, cookies, and search history. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Click on the vertical dots icon from the corner to open the Chrome menu.
- Move your cursor on the “More tools” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Clear browsing data” from the subsequent menu.
- Alternatively, you may press “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” buttons from your keyboard.
- Go to time range and select “All Time”.
- Finally, click “Clear Data”.
- Disable Extensions: The added extensions can also stop MSN from working properly on chrome. So, it is also advisable to launch MSN again after disabling such extensions. The process to disable extensions on chrome are as follows:
- Open Chrome menu and move your cursor to “More tools”.
- Choose “Extensions” from the menu that will open next.
- Click on the “Remove” button available under the extension you want to remove.
Note: If you don’t want to disable the browser then you may use Chrome in incognito mode.
- Disable your antivirus temporarily: Many a time, antiviruses are also responsible for an issue in the working of websites like MSN. So, you may try to open the website again after disabling the antivirus temporarily.
- Switch to another browser: In case MSN not responding even after following the above steps then you may switch to another browser and see if this resolves the problem. In case the issue continues for a prolonged period of time then it is possible that there is some problem with your MSN account.
How can I fix MSN not opening/ working on Mozilla Firefox problem?
The issues like MSN isn’t opening not working are also very common in the Mozilla Firefox browser. You should follow the steps to get rid of such problems.
- Make sure you are using the updated version of Firefox: The obsolete version of Mozilla Firefox can be a primary reason why you might be facing these problems. That’s why you should update firefox if you are using an older version. The steps to update firefox are as follows.
- Launch Firefox and open menu (three horizontal bars icon available at the top).
- Go to the help menu available in the dropdown.
- The version of Firefox, you are using will appear on your screen.
- Click “Restart to update Firefox” to begin the automatic update.
- Clear Mozilla Firefox data: In case MSN not opening on Firefox even after updating then you should clear browser’s data.
- Start the Firefox browser and open menu from the top corner.
- Select “Options” from the drop-down menu that will open.
- Choose “Privacy & Security” from the panel available on the left-hand side.
- Mark the checkbox against “Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed”. This option is available under “Cookies and Site Data”.
- Finally, click “Clear Data”.
- Remove “Add-ons” and try again: Follow the steps below if MSN still not working.
- Open Firefox and press “Ctrl+Shift+A” from your keyboard.
- Click on the “Remove” button available next to the extensions you want to remove.
- Temporarily disable windows firewall and Antivirus: You may temporarily disable windows firewall and your antivirus program if you can’t use MSN on firefox. The process to disable antivirus depends upon the antivirus program you are using.
- Try to open MSN in any other browser: It is possible that there is some problem with your MSN account that’s why you are unable to open it in Mozilla Firefox. To check this, you may run MSN on another web browser.
How to get rid of MSN not working on Safari issues?
Safari is a popular browser among iOS users and fully compatible with MSN. Let’s go through the steps that you should follow in case MSN isn’t working on the Safari web browser.
- If MSN not loading in a browser then you may remove safari extensions, cookies, and cache.
- Check Safari parental control if the problem continues and confirm this is not blocking MSN from loading.
- Disable the antivirus temporarily and try to run the website again in case the MSN not working on Mac.
- Change the browser and ensure that there is no problem with your MSN account.
- Another way to fix such issues is by loading your Mac device in the safe mode and then trying to run MSN.
If all the steps fail to fix such problems then you should contact MSN support for advanced solutions.