The email services these days are a lot more dynamic. Now, you don’t have to bear the user-interface of a webmail service if you don’t like it. You may simply switch to other email programs and continue to use your same email account. It is very simple to use an MSN account on various email programs like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. if you know the correct MSN.com email server settings.
In this post, you will find details about MSN email IMAP and SMTP server settings. Additionally, we will also provide you the steps to add MSN.Com email account on iPhone and Android devices.
Things to remember before configuring an MSN account
Before we skim through the steps to set up an MSN.com email account on various email programs, you should have a look at some very important points given below.
- Before initiating the configuration, you should make sure that you have a proper internet connection.
- Make sure you know the correct email address and password of your MSN account. You should first reset MSN password if you don’t know the current password.
- In case you are looking to set up MSN.com on a mobile phone then you must ensure that your phone is not on airplane mode. On airplane mode, your phone can’t connect to the internet. So, it is not possible to set up a new account.
MSN.com IMAP and SMTP settings for Email Programs – Outlook Express, MailSpring, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird
In case you are looking to check and send your MSN emails using famous email programs like Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Mailspring, Apple Mail then you can check the settings below. Please note that you need to enter these settings accurately otherwise you may face errors.
|Msn.com (Outlook.com) IMAP Server||imap-mail.outlook.com|
|IMAP security||SSL/ TLS|
|IMAP username||Your full MSN email address|
|IMAP password||Your MSN password|
|MSN.com (Outlook.com) SMTP Server||smtp-mail.outlook.com|
|SMTP username||Your full MSN email address|
|SMTP password||Your MSN password|
POP3 settings to set up MSN on Outlook
It is true that using IMAP settings is a more advanced and convenient option but sometimes you may face problems like MSN IMAP settings not working etc. In this case, you can use POP3 settings to access your MSN email. The POP3 settings to configure MSN on Outlook are as follows.
|POP / IMAP||POP3|
|Incoming server hostname||Pop3.live.com|
|Incoming port name||995|
|SSl (security) incoming server security||SSL|
|Outgoing server host||smtp.live.com|
|Outgoing port name||25|
How to set up MSN.Com on iPhone? (Automatically)
If you are looking to set up an MSN account on an iPhone then you don’t have to enter manual settings (either IMAP/ POP). Every model of the iPhone supports automatic MSN account configuration. The steps to add an MSN account to iPhone automatically are given below.
- Pick up your iPhone and launch the “Settings” App.
- Go to the “Password & Accounts” option and tap “Add Account”.
- Next, a list of popular email service providers will appear on your screen. Here, you need to choose Microsoft.
- Then, enter your full MSN email address along with the password in appropriate fields.
- Tap next and wait for the servers to verify your login credentials.
- Choose the information from your MSN account that you want to import like contacts, calendars, etc.
- Finally, tap on the “Save” button.
What are the steps to add an MSN account on Android?
Similarly to the iOS devices, there is no need to enter IMAP and SMTP setting manually on android devices as well. Gmail is the default email application for Android devices. You may use this app to access your MSN email as given below.
- Open the Gmail app on your android phone and tap three horizontal lines icon appearing on the top left corner.
- Tap “settings” followed by “Add Account”. This will begin the setup process on the screen.
- After that, you should choose “Other” when asked to select the email provider.
- Next, enter your MSN account email address and password.
- You don’t have to do anything else the MSN account will get added automatically.