MSN is a very useful website that keeps you updated with the latest news and insights of your interest. It is a smart idea to make MSN your home page because by doing this you will get news from MSN as soon as you launch your web browser. The primary benefit of using MSN as your homepage is that you will always get fresh web content to see after launching the browser.
There are two general ways to set up MSN as your homepage. First is by using your browser’s settings and another one by visiting the MSN website. We will discuss both of them in this tutorial. So, keep reading this post till the end.
Make the MSN My Homepage on Google Chrome
Let’s start with the most popular web browser on earth i.e. Google Chrome. Here are the steps to make MSN your homepage on Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome and click on three dots appearing at the top-right corner.
- Click “Settings” from the drop-down menu and select “Appearance” from the left-hand side menu.
- Turn on the slider against “Show Home Button”.
- Tick the “Enter Custom web address” radio button.
- Type “www.msn.com” as the custom web address.
Make MSN homepage on Mozilla Firefox
You should follow the steps mentioned below in case you are looking to set MSN as a homepage on Firefox.
- Launch Firefox on your device and open menu (three horizontal bar icon)
- Choose “Options” from the menu that will open.
- Select “Home” from the panel available on the left-hand side.
- Choose “Custom URL” against the “Homepage and new windows”.
- Enter “www.msn.com” in the URL box.
Make MSN my Homepage on Safari
If you are looking to make the MSN homepage on iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices then you may check out steps given for the safari browser below.
- First of all, open the “safari App on your Mac” and choose “Safari”.
- Select “Preferences” followed by “General”.
- Enter MSN URL i.e. www.msn.com in the homepage field.
- Choose any of the following two options as per your preference.
- Open new windows with your homepage
- Open new tabs with your homepage
Note: To quickly open the homepage on Safari, you may simply choose “History” and then “Home”.
Make MSN Homepage on Internet Explorer
Just like MSN, Internet Explorer is also offered by Microsoft. When you first install Internet Explorer, MSN appears as the default homepage. However, if you have changed your homepage previously then you must check the steps below to restore MSN as Homepage on Internet Explorer.
- First, you need to run Internet Explorer and click on the “Tools” Tab.
- Choose “Internet Options” from the menu that will appear after that.
- Open the “General” tab in the new window.
- Edit the homepage to “www.msn.com”.
- Then, click “Apply”, and “Ok” to save the changes.
To check if the process is successful, you may restart the Internet Explorer browser.
Make MSN Homepage on Opera browser
The steps to make MSN homepage on Opera browser, you have to follow the steps below.
- Open Opera browser and visit MSN website.
- Click on the opera icon from the top-left corner of the window.
- Open settings and go to the “On startup” heading.
- Choose the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option and then click “Set pages” link.
- Click on the “Use current pages” button to set up MSN as your home page.
- Finally, click “Ok” to save the settings.
Simple steps to make MSN Homepage on all other browsers
MSN provides a direct option on its website by which you can make MSN your homepage whenever you want. Given below are the steps that you may follow to make MSN.com your homepage on all the browsers.
- First of all, visit the msn.com on your web browser.
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) from the corner of the window.
- In the next dropdown menu, you have to click “Make MSN my homepage”
- Then, you may simply add an MSN extension to your web browser.
- As soon as you add this extension, MSN will become your homepage.