MSN account enables the users to catch-up with current affairs from all around the globe, provides important news related to the field of health, weather, sports, etc. One can also configure MSN email account and send and receive emails from others. You simply need to sign-in to your MSN account using your id and password and get started. But as easy as it seems, many times there occur some troubles that prevent the user from signing in to MSN account. Now the question that arises in the mind of the users is ‘What should I do if I am having issues while signing in to MSN account?’ To answer this question, this article provides a list of troubleshooting measures that the users can follow to fix signing issues in MSN account.
Possible reasons behind the MSN login issues
There are many factors that cause problem while the users try to sign in to MSN account. It is important to know the reason as it plays a key role in applying the correct troubleshooting measures. Check out some of the major reasons that create this issue.
- One of the major reasons behind the MSN sign-in issue is lost or forgotten password.
- Password is fine but the username you are entering is incorrect. This can also create sign-in problem.
- It is also possible that someone might have hacked into your account making it inaccessible to you.
- Slow internet connect also make it seem like you are having trouble logging in to MSN account.
- Problems with the browser can also cause issues while signing in to MSN account.
- Your MSN account is temporarily suspended or blocked by Microsoft.
Having trouble signing in to MSN account- See how to fix this
Whatever benefits or features MSN offers can be worthless for you if you are not able to sign-in to MSN account. MSN sign-in provides a way to customize it according to your requirements. You can miss out on other different MSN features without a proper login. Email sending and receiving is completely impossible without a sign-in. some basic troubleshooting methods to help you fix this problem has been provided below.
Check the internet connection
In many cases, the reason behind the MSN sign-in issue is a slow internet connection. It is important that the internet connection you are using has a fairly good speed. Other than this, the connectivity should not be intermittent or else it won’t be able to connect to Microsoft server thus create sign-in issues.
However, if you do feel like there is some issue with your internet connection, try restarting your router to fix this problem. If accessing via a mobile device, restart your internet as well as your device to solve the slow internet problem. Also make sure that airplane mode has been turned off.
Another most common cause for MSN account login issue is a defective browser. Check below few things that you can try to fix the problematic browser behind this login issue.
- Make sure that the browser you are using is compatible with MSN.com. Although you can use other browsers, prefer to use Microsoft Edge or latest version of Internet Explorer to log in to your MSN account.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser and if not much a problem, it is advised that you clear complete browsing history to fix the problem.
- If there is any extension or plug-in added to your browser, remove it and if not, at least temporarily disable it for the time you are using MSN.
- Always use an updated version of your browser. An outdated version seems to be problematic while signing into different accounts, including MSN.
- If none of the solution mentioned above seems to fix the problem, use another browser to login to your MSN account.
Reset your MSN account password
If the sign-in issue you are facing is due to forgot MSN password, then a simple password reset can solve this problem. The steps for MSN password reset have been provided below.
Go to the Microsoft’s account recovery page account.live.com/password/reset. On this page, you will be asked to provide your username. Once you enter the username, you need to provide the way through which you want to receive the security code.
You can either receive the code on the registered phone number or email id related to your MSN account. Click on the ‘send code’ button to obtain the code on the selected option. Enter the security code received in the ‘verify your identity’ field and tap on ‘next’ button.
Now, provide a new MSN password of your choice and confirm the same. Save the changes made to complete MSN password recovery and now you can easily login to your MSN account using this new password.
Recover blocked or hacked account
If your MSN account was blocked due to any reason and you are now looking for a way to sign in to it, there is something that you can do. You need to fill a recovery form and submit it to Microsoft support. They will look into the matter and if after convinced that the account you are trying to recover is actually yours, they will provide you the recovery steps. Below given are the instructions how you can fill the form for MSN account recovery.
Go to official website account.live.com/acsr and enter the email address, phone number, or username for the account you want to recover. You also need to provide the captcha from the screen and also an alternate email address that will be used to contact with you by Microsoft.
You will be asked to verify the alternate email id you provided by entering a security code that you receive on that particular address. Once verified successfully, you get the account recovery form.
In the form, try to provide as much answers as you can as this enhances the chances for successful recovery. Wrong answers won’t have a negative impact on the recovery process. When you are finished, submit the form and you will get response from Microsoft within 24 hours on the alternate email address you provided.
Also Check: MSN Email Server Settings
If account is verified successfully, instructions to recover MSN account will be sent to you. However, if the process goes wrong and you are not able to recover the account, you can create a new account. You can keep trying again later when you remember something new that might help.
Other basic measures to fix issues while signing in to MSN account
Some other simple tips that can help you with MSN account signing issue are mentioned below.
- Sometimes, a device with virus infection may also prevent from signing in to MSN account. In this case, run a system scan using a good antivirus program, remove the threat detected and then try signing in to MSN.
- A simple restart of device is sometimes able to fix the issues arising while signing in to MSN account.
- Not just password, but the username you are entering can also be incorrect. Make sure that you are not making any typing mistake while entering the username.
- Keep your CAPS lock off while entering your password or else a correct password will also not work.
- Whether it is MSN or MSN email account, the above ways can help fix the sign in problems for both of them.