It is very easy to create an MSN email account using your existing Microsoft id or you can also create a new id and then open your MSN email account. Opening an MSN email account provides you a way to exchange messages, manage your calendar and now you can also add secondary account to it for additional benefits. This article can help you a lot in case you don’t know how to create an MSN email account. Here we are presenting easy steps in which the users can open an MSN email account.
One important thing that the users should keep in mind is that MSN account and MSN email account are different. A simple MSN account can be accessed using MSN.com but do not provide email sending or receiving facility. The MSN email account on the other hand can be accessed through Outlook.com and provides all the facilities that an ideal email account should.
Want to create a new MSN email account- Check here how
MSN email not only provides an easy way of communication but also allows you to manage your calendar, organize important tasks, etc. Opening a new MSN email account is very easy and you just need to know the right steps for the same. The users who are looking forward to open MSN email account can follow the instructions provided below.
- Go to the official website of MSN www.msn.com.
- On this page you can find the Outlook.com option. Tap on this option.
- You will be taken to the outlook.live.com where you will find the ‘create free account’ option.
- Select this option. You will then be asked to provide a new email id and password for your account.
- Enter the email id and password of your choice. Make sure that your id is unique and password is strong.
- Keep following the instructions as they appear on the screen to open new MSN email account.
- Once your account is created, you can now send and receive emails and enjoy all other features offered by MSN mail.
MSN email account creation from an existing Microsoft account
If you already have a Microsoft account that you use for say Skype, OneDrive, etc, you can also use that account to open MSN email account. All you need to do is go to MSN official website, select Outlook.com option and tap on ‘sign in’ button. Provide your Microsoft id and password and login to your new MSN email account.
Create a secondary email account within the existing MSN account
Now just you can open an MSN email account with great ease, if you want you can also add another email account into the existing MSN email account. There are two different methods by which the users can open secondary MSN email account. Both these methods have been explained below in detail.
Method 1: Using the MSN client software
Follow the steps given below to create MSN email account (secondary) using the MSN client software.
- Sign in to your MSN email account using your primary email account.
- Tap on Help & Settings menu and then go to Accounts & Billing.
- Click on the Add member accounts option.
- If you wish, you can use an existing MSN email address as your secondary email.
- Simply enter the email account address and password of your secondary account in the specified boxes and click on the Continue button.
- If you want to create a new email address and add it as your secondary account, select Create an MSN.com email address for the new member and click Continue.
- You will be asked to fill an Add a new member form, providing the e-mail address that you want to use as secondary email.
- Once you provide a new email id, click on the Next button.
- Provide your name in the box that appears and click on Accept. If the account is created by/ for a child under the age of 13, parental consent needs to be provided.
- Tap on the Close button to return to the main menu.
- The account you just added will now be visible on the MSN Client Software the next time you sign-in to your account.
Method 2: Using the MSN Member Center website
Here’s how you can add secondary MSN email account using the MSN Member Center website.
- Go to the official website membercenter.msn.com and sign-in.
- From the left pane, select the option Manage Users.
- Click on Add a Member.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create a new account.
- The newly created account will be added as a secondary account.
Important Points To Remember While MSN Sign-up
Few things that are to be kept in mind while creating an MSN email account are listed below.
- During creation of MSN email account, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- You can create an MSN email account using an existing Microsoft account if you want.
- The password you use while creating your MSN email account should be strong.
- The secondary account that you want to create within your MSN email account should not be associated with another account. It simply means that a single account cannot be created as a secondary account for two different primary MSN account.
- A primary MSN account cannot be created as a secondary MSN account.