Recently, Instagram joined the elite group of social media platforms with more than one billion monthly active users. The popularity of Instagram is increasing at a rate of knots. Many of us can’t even imagine a day with logging into Instagram It is understandable that due to a large number of users, many of them keep forgetting their Instagram passwords every now and then. Thankfully, Instagram has a very user-friendly and crystal-clear method to recover a lost password.
Today’s post is dedicated to those users who are unable to log into Instagram. Here we will let them know about the methods they can use to reset Instagram Password With or Without a Phone Number. Apart from this, we will also give you some important tips and tricks helpful in your Instagram Password Recovery.
How to reset Instagram Password?
It is true that Instagram is a user-friendly app. However, it doesn’t mean that it is lenient with the security of its users. It will never let you sign in unless or until you provide the correct combination of your password and username.
You will have to prove that you are a legitimate owner of the Instagram account for which you are looking to reset the password. Apart from this, it is impossible to retrieve exactly the same Instagram password that you were using previously. Given below are the steps of Instagram Password Recovery on various devices.
Steps to reset Password on Instagram App on Android
- Firstly, you should open the Instagram App on your Android device.
- After opening the app, you must go to the login screen and tap on the “Get help logging in” option available below the login button.
- In the next step, you must enter your username. Alternatively, you can also enter your email address or phone number associated with your account.
- Apart from the above option, you may also tap on the “Log in with Facebook” button.
- Next, you should keep following the on-screen instructions.
- For verification purposes, you will receive a password recovery code/ link on your phone number linked with your Instagram account.
- You need to enter the recovery code or click on the recovery link.
- In the next step, you will have to provide a new password for your Instagram account.
- The password should be strong enough to keep your Instagram account safe.
- You will also have to confirm your password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, save the changes.
You may now sign in with your new Instagram account password.
Recover Instagram Password on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user then you may try the following steps to reset your Instagram account password.
- First and foremost, you should open the Instagram app on your iPhone and go to the login screen.
- On the login screen, you must tap on the “Forgotten Password” button displaying above login.
- After that, you must enter your Instagram username and tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, you will have to click on the option to get a password recovery link/ code on your phone.
- Click on the link or enter the temporary password that you have received on your phone number.
- Next, you must provide a new for your Instagram account.
- Finally, save the changes and provide a new password for your account.
What is the process of Resetting Instagram Password without a Phone Number?
If you don’t have a phone number linked with your Instagram account then you may reset the password using your Facebook account. Alternatively, you may recover the password using your email address. The step by step process to recover the password using an email address is given below.
- First of all, you need to visit the login page of Instagram.
- On the login page, you are required to provide your username or the email address associated with your Instagram account.
- Then, choose the option to receive the password recovery link on your alternate email address.
- In the next step, the option to create a new password for your Instagram account.
- Confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
- You may now save the changes and check your new credentials by signing in.
What to do If I don’t remember my Instagram username?
Sometimes, you can’t remember your Instagram username. In such a situation, you can locate the same by following the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should make sure that you are entering your username correctly without making any typing mistakes. Please note that you can make a mistake especially while entering the repeated characters.
- Remember, you don’t have to include the “@” symbol while entering your username.
- In case you are thinking that your account is compromised and your username was changed then you must check your inbox. You should have received an email from Instagram stating that your account information was changed.
- You may also ask your friend to visit your profile and take a screenshot of your account.
Find your Instagram username if you can log in
Those who have access to their Instagram account can check the username by following the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you need to open the Instagram mobile app.
- Top on your profile icon displayed at the bottom right corner of your profile.
- Now, your username will be visible at the very top of your profile.
- You should note that any number or punctuation marks are included in your username
Important Note – You should confirm that you are using your Instagram Business Account in case you are looking to find your Instagram business username.