Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps present on the Internet. With more than a billion users, it is easily among the top 5 social media platforms available today. We all love sharing our pics and interacting with our loved ones on Instagram. But, it is also true that the situation can be immensely frustrating if Instagram is not working for you.
If you are a regular Instagram user then you might know that it is one of the most influential social media. Instagram influencers are making a good amount of money by promoting brands on this platform. So, it is even more important for you to get your Instagram up and running in case you earn from it.
There is a large number of factors due to which Instagram might not be working properly for you. To fix this problem you need to identify and rectify these factors. Thankfully, you can fix Instagram by following some basic troubleshooting measures. In today’s post, we are going to share easy solutions to fix Instagram not working problem with the simplest possible manner.
How to fix Instagram app not working?
The procedure to fix the issue with Instagram is usually similar to fixing any other technical application. Before moving on to more advanced solutions, you should restart the app or your phone and see if it resolves the problem. Many a time, a simple restart can fix the most complicated issues. In case the issue continues even after restarting the application then you may try the following troubleshooting solutions.
How many people are you following?
Firstly, you should confirm that the problem you are facing is not due to the number of people you are following. Please note that if you are getting an error similar to “you can’t follow addition people” then the issue is not with the app or your phone.
Remember, Instagram doesn’t allow you to follow more than 7500 people. If you have reached this limit then you will have to unfollow some accounts before moving on to new ones. Given below are the steps by which you can unfollow people.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your account avatar displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the “Following” option displayed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, the list of accounts you are following will display on your screen.
- Here, you will have to scroll down the list and unfollow a few accounts.
- You should see the unfollow button turn blue and change to “Follow”.
See if Instagram is down in your Area
Problems like Instagram not opening, stopped working, etc. are often faced due to Instagram servers are being down in your area.
- The best way to check if Instagram is down in your area is by opening the down detector.
- Alternatively, you may simply search “Is Instagram down” on google.
- If someone else at your home is able to log into Instagram and use it with ease then it seems that servers are fine in your area. In such a situation, you should move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Try running Instagram on a web browser
It is possible that there might be something wrong with the Instagram app due to which it isn’t working for you. To check the same, you should try to run Instagram on a web browser. In case you are already Instagram on a web browser and don’t have a different device available then you may try a different browser. For example, you can try to open it on Firefox in case Instagram is not working on chrome.
Clear Cache and Cookies on your Phone
This solution can help you a lot if Instagram is working for other people and you are able to access it on a browser but not on your phone. It is an indication that you might have a problem with the app cache. There might be some corrupt data in your device’s cache.
You can simply clear the cache by following the steps listed below if you are using an Android device. Please note that steps to clear cache and cookies may vary according to the android version of device you are currently using. The general process to clear the cache is given below.
- First of all, you need to open and run the “Settings” app on your device.
- Next, you should tap “Apps and Notifications”.
- Go to the list of apps in the next step and choose Instagram from the list.
- Tap on “Storage & Cache” followed by “Clear Cache” in the next step.
- You may now run Instagram to see if it is running properly on not.
Those who are using iPhone should note that there is no way you can clear the cache without uninstalling the app. To do that, you will have to uninstall Instagram application from your phone and install it back again from the App store. Don’t worry about losing your data because Instagram saves all your photos/ Videos and account settings on the cloud.
Check permission you have given to Instagram
Like various other apps on your phone, you need to give Instagram permission. In case you haven’t given permission, Instagram might not work properly for you. In case you are using an Android phone then you can give permissions by following the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should open the “Settings” app.
- Then, choose “Apps & Notifications”.
- Next, go to the list of apps and tap “Instagram”.
- Select “Permissions” in the next step.
- Now, the list of permissions that Instagram requires will display on your screen.
- When you give one permission, you will have to choose “Allow only while using the app”. Then press the back arrow to return to the previous screen and move on to the next permission.
The above steps are applicable only for android devices. In case the problem continues then you should report the problem to Instagram to get more advanced solution.