Google Chrome is by far the most popular web browser on the planet. Being a product of Google, it is well-trusted by users and has an amazing reputation. By default, Google Chrome is set to provide you with an alert whenever a website, extension or app sends you notifications. At times, these alerts are utterly irritating. That’s why many users keep on looking for methods to stop notifications from Google Chrome.
Many a time, the notifications or alerts from Google Chrome resemble an alert from a message. In case, the alert is just about a website promoting its webpage then people find it annoying. The good thing is that you can stop notifications from Google Chrome very easily. Keep reading this post because here we will provide you with the easiest steps to block notifications from Google Chrome on PC as well as on your mobile phone.
How do notifications work on Google Chrome?
Before we move on and discuss the steps to block notifications from Google Chrome, you should try to understand its default settings.
- You should know that according to the default settings of chrome it alerts you whenever a website, app, or extension wants to send you notifications.
- You are allowed to change these default settings whenever you want.
- Google Chrome has its own filter as well it automatically blocks notifications from a site with intrusive and misleading notifications.
- In case you are browsing the internet in incognito mode, you will not get notifications.
Steps to stop Notification from Google Chrome on a PC/ Laptop
In case you are using Google Chrome on a computer and want to block chrome Notifications then you may follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you need to open Google Chrome on your computer.
- After opening chrome, you should click on the “More” button available at the top right corner.
- From the next menu, you should choose “Settings”.
- Click on the “Privacy and Security” button and choose “Site Settings”.
- In the next step, you must select the “Notifications” option.
- Choose the option that you want as your default settings.
- To block notifications from one particular Site
- Click on the “Add” button available next to “Not allowed to send notifications”.
- Enter the web address of the website from which you are looking to block notifications.
- Finally, Click on the “Add” button.
- To allow notification from a particular site
- Click on the “Add” button that will display next to the “Allowed to send Notifications” option.
- Then, you should provide the web address of the website from which you want to allow notifications.
- Finally, click “Add” to save changes.
- All a quieter notification (block notification prompts from disturbing you).
- To do that, first you need to allow sites to ask to send notifications.
- Then, Click Use quieter messaging (blocks notification prompts from interrupting you). With this option, you will not get notifications after you ignore multiple notifications from a site, or if other users typically don’t allow notifications from a site.
- To block notifications from one particular Site
Important Note – In case you allow notifications from a website that chrome has marked abusive or misleading then chrome may block those notifications. In such a situation, chrome will require the site to request your permission to send a push notification. You may then change settings to allow notifications.
Allow or Block Notification from All Sites on Google Chrome on an Android Device
If you are using Google Chrome on Android and looking to allow or block notifications from all sites on Google Chrome on Android then you may follow the steps below.
- Run Google Chrome App on your Android Phone or Tablet.
- Tap on the “More” button that is displayed at the top right corner near the address bard.
- Open settings and select “Site Settings”.
- In the site settings menu, you should choose “Notifications”.
- Now, you may turn or off the setting using the option available at the top.
- If you are looking to allow quieter notifications then you may tap “ quieter messaging (blocks notification prompts from interrupting you). With this option, you won’t get notifications after you ignore multiple notifications from a site, or if other users typically don’t allow notifications from a site.
Allow or Block Google Chrome Notification From a Specific Site
Check out the steps below if you want to block Google Chrome Notification from a particular site.
- Open the Google Chrome App on your Android Phone or tablet.
- Then, you should visit the website from which you want to change notifications.
- After that, you must go to the left of your address bar and tap on the “lock” button followed by “Permissions”.
- Then, if a menu opens, you should select the settings you are looking to change.
- In case no menu opens then it indicates that permissions are in the original settings.
How to fix Issues with Google Chrome Notifications?
Want to receive notifications from a site but aren’t getting them
- Open Google Chrome on your PC/ laptop.
- Visit the site that you want to get notifications from.
- Next, you should select the “View Site Information” button.
- Choose the “Allow” option from the drop-down menu available next to notifications.
Receiving notifications from a site but you don’t want them
- Run Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the “More” button followed by “Settings” from the menu that will display on the top-right corner of the home page.
- Click “Privacy and Security” followed by “Site Settings” and choose “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- Find the site for which you are looking to block chrome notifications under “Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects,”.
- Click on the “More” button that is displaying to the right of the site and then choose “Block”.