Developed by Microsoft, Skype is one of the most popular video conferencing apps in the world. As the trend of working from remote locations is increasing around the world, the popularity of Skype is also on the rise. Nowadays, a large of companies use Skype to convey instant messages to their employees and vendors. To keep your account safe, it is recommended that you should change Skype Password regularly.
It is very easy to change your Skype password if you know your current login credentials. However, things can be complicated in case you forgot your Skype password or username. Go through this article to understand the process to change Skype password or reset the same.
What is the process to change Skype Password?
Every now and then, we can see users complaining that they are unable to change Skype password. Well, such users should know the correct process to do so and try to implement each step carefully. Follow the steps listed below in order to change Skype Password in the correct manner.
- First of all, you will have to log into your Skype account by entering your current login credentials i.e. username and password.
- After signing into your account, you must click on the “Change Password” link.
- After that, you will have to provide your current password once again for security purposes.
- In the next step, you must provide a new password for your Skype account.
- You will also have to verify your new password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, you save the changes.
You may now sign in to your Skype account using your new password.
How can I change Skype for Business Password on iOS or Android Devices?
Skype for Business is used on a large scale by various organizations in the world. Given below are the steps to change Skype for Business password. Please note that these steps are applicable to skype for business on Android/ iPad/ iPhone.
- Firstly, you must open a web browser and visit “office.com” and click on the “Sign in” button.
- After that, you must type your Skype for Business name and password (the one you got from the admin when they reset it) and click on the “Sign in” button.
- In the next step, you will again be prompted to enter the password you received from the admin.
- Enter the password again in the “Confirm Password” field.
- Finally, click on the “update password and sign in” button to save changes.
You may now close the browser and open the Skype for Business app to sign in with your new password.
How to reset Skype Password if I forgot it?
Forgetting the password of your Skype account is quite common. Thankfully, Skype Password Recovery is very easy. You can follow the steps given below to retrieve the lost password of your Skype account.
- To begin the process, you will have to visit the Skype password reset page i.e. https://account.live.com/password/reset
- After opening this page, you are required to provide your Skype name. Alternatively, you may provide the email address and phone number linked with your Skype Account.
- After that, you will have to specify how you want to get your security code.
- Please note that you can get the security code either on your phone number or email address linked with your Skype account.
- Those who want to receive the security code on their alternate email address also need to type their email address completely. The same will display partially on your screen. This also applies in case you want to receive the recovery code on the phone number.
- Now, provide the recovery code that you have received either on your phone number or email address.
- The option to enter a new password will display on your screen after entering the recovery code.
- Provide a new password for your account and save changes.
What are the steps to reset Skype Password without a phone number/ alternate email address?
As you can see, it is easy to reset the Skype Password using a phone number or an alternate email account. In case you don’t have a phone number/ email address associated with your Skype account then the issue can be complicated. In this kind of situation, you may follow the steps listed below.
- In this kind of situation, you need to go to the Skype Account Recovery form i.e. account.live.com/acsr
- After opening the account, you should enter your Skype username or outlook email address. Here, you should note that If you’ve turned on two-step verification then you can’t recover your account this way.
- Provide an email address where skype may contact you. Here, you must enter an email address that’s different from the one you’re trying to recover.
- Enter the captcha code that is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- In the next screen, you must provide some vital details related to your account so that system can verify that you are the legitimate owner of your email account.
- After the form submission, it may take around 24 hours to verify your information. The results of the verification process will be sent to the additional email address you have provided.
What if I forgot my username on Skype?
In case you don’t remember your username on Skype then you may follow the listed below in order to get it back.
- Go to the sign-in page of Skype.
- Next, you must choose the more sign-in options.
- Choose the “Forgot my username” option.
- After that, you will have to provide a phone number or an alternate email associated with your Skype account.
- The System will send you a security code to the phone number or email you used. You will have to enter the code and click “Next”.
- Now, you can check any accounts associated with the phone number or email you provided on your screen.
- Remember, the system will hide some part of the username for security reasons.
- Select the “Sign in” process when you find the account you are looking for.