Google Photos is a powerful app that enables you to store unlimited photos and videos on cloud storage. Being a product of Google, this app is considered very sophisticated and reliable. However, it is also a fact that as the popularity of Google Photos is growing, a lot of issues are being faced by the users. It is not rare to see users posting about the issues like Google Photos not working, Google photos loading, synching, etc. There are a variety of minor issues that may lead to such problems. Here, in this post, we will discuss the troubleshooting steps to fix Google Photos in various devices.
Why is my Google Photos app not working?
It is difficult to predict the exact reason why you are facing troubles with using Google Photos. Still, there are some common reasons responsible for many Google photos problems as given below.
- Using an outdated version of Google Photos.
- Interruption in Internet connection.
- Incorrect backup or synchronization settings.
- Any third-party app installed on your device hindering the performance of Google photos.
- Problem with your Google Account.
How to fix Google Photos not working on Android?
In case Google photos app isn’t opening or responding on your android device then you should check the steps given below.
- Go to the google play store and update Google photos if an update is available.
- Just like a web browser Google play app also has cache memory. If Google Photos won’t load properly then you should clear the app cache and try to run Google photos again.
- Make sure you are logged in with your Google account.
- Check the storage of your android device and ensure that it has enough space to open an app like Google photos.
- In case the problem persists for a longer time then you may reinstall Google photos from the Play store.
How can I solve “Google Photos isn’t working” problem on iPhone?
You may follow the steps listed below in case you can’t open or load Google Photos on an iPhone.
- First of all, ensure that you are not using an obsolete version of Google Photos. In this case, you should update the app from the play store.
- Go to the app settings and clear the cache of Google Photos.
- Try to load Google photos on the web and ensure that there is no problem with your Google account.
- Uninstall Google Photos and install it once again from the app store in case the issue continues.