Every user who has a Google Account gets 15 GB of Data free of Cost. However, 15 GB is not enough for you then you can opt for Google One which is a subscription-based service. With this service, you can get 100 GB to a maximum of 30 TB of data. Those who use Google One never face a shortage of space to store their emails, photos, videos, etc. But, you should note Google One is also a technical service. Just like with any other technical service, we can see users complaining about Google One Not Working for them.
There are so many factors that can lead you to a problem with Google One. Go through this post to understand the working of this service and know the steps that you can follow in case Google One isn’t working for you.
Google One App Not Working/ Not Responding
This is the most common problem that is faced by users while using Google One App. There are multiple that can cause this kind of issue. Given below is the list of troubleshooting measures that you can take in order to fix Google One App Not Opening and other similar problems.
- First of all, you need to make sure that your mobile has internet connectivity. For that, you will have to ensure that there is no problem with Wi-fi or Mobile Data connection with your phone.
- It is also important for you to use the updated Google One app to be able to use all its features. Those who are using an obsolete app might have to deal with issues. So, you should update the app before using it.
- If you are sure that your device has proper internet connectivity then you should open the settings option on your phone.
- After opening the settings option, you should click on the “App” bar.
- Search and find out the Google One app in the next step.
- Now, you need to force stop the Google One application.
- In the next step, you should click on the “Storage” button and clear the app cache and cookies.
- Open the Google One app in the play store and check if the app is updated.
- Finally, Restart your phone and is if the problem gets resolved.
What is the difference between Google One Cloud Storage and Google Account default Storage?
A lot of people keep getting confused between the subscription-based Google One Cloud Storage and the cloud storage that comes with every Google Account. Such users should go through the following points to understand the difference and clear their doubts.
- Please note that every Google account comes with 15 GB of storage that’s shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.
- On the other hand when you upgrade to Google One, your total storage increases to 100 GB or more depending on what plan you using.
- With Google One Subscription, you also get additional benefits from Google experts which you can also share with your family.
How to use Google One if I am not a member?
In such a situation, you can back up data on your Android or iOS phone, and also clean up space in your Google Account using the Storage manager. In case you get a Google one member then you will be able to unlock other cool features like expanded cloud storage, and other exclusive benefits.
Please note that you can also share your membership with five members of your family at no extra cost. So, your storage can be used by 6 members including you. In case you create a new family group to share your storage then you will be able to add or remove other family members. Those who are members of a family group on Google can share their Google One plan with the rest of the members in the existing group.
Unable to connect to VPN by Google One
Many of us like to turn on the VPN by Google One to protect ourselves against hackers on unsecured networks, like public Wi-Fi. But, you should know that this service is available in select countries only. VPN by Google One is available in the following countries only.
- United Kingdom
- United States
Remember, the service of VPN by Google One is for members with plans of 2 TB of Google Storage and up.
How to update Google One Membership?
There are a large number of users who have to face problems while updating their Google One Membership. Such users can try the following step by step to upgrade Google One Membership in an easy manner.
- Firstly, you should go to one.google.com on your PC/ Laptop.
- Click the “Settings” button available on the left and change the membership plan.
- Select your new storage limit. In order to add more storage space, you may choose a plan available under “Upgrade options”.
- In the next step, you should confirm the new plan price and details.
- Now, choose your payment method and click on the “Subscribe” button.
Accessing the file on Google one
Many users keep on getting confused about accessing the file on Google One. To make it simple for you, we would like to tell you that you can still access your files, messages, and photos the same way through Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. You should also note that original quality photos and videos are kept in the same resolution that you took them.