Cox is one email service that is provided by the company along with its Internet connection. You can use this email account even after switching to other Internet services. Functionality-wise cox email service can match with the best in the business.
However, every now and then, we can see users complaining about issues like Cox email login problems. People have to deal with such problems on various devices including iPhone, Android, Windows, and more.
Sometimes, you may have to face Cox sign-in issue even after entering the correct user Id and password. This post is your significance in case you are dealing with Cox email login issues. Here, we will let you know about the reason behind such a problem. We will also provide you with easy methods to resolve Cox email issues in the simplest manner.
Common Causes of Cox Email Sign-in Problem
Before moving on to the solutions, you should take a look at the factors due to which you often have to deal with sign-in problems with your Cox email account. A few of these factors are as follows.
- Your Cox ID and Password aren’t created yet
- Entering password with incorrect capitalization
- Password was forgotten
- Password lockout
- Forgotten User ID
- Secret Answer was forgotten
- Email account is not available for Two-Step Verification
- 2 step verification OTP doesn’t match the record
- Account locked out due to multiple verification attempts
- Trying to log into your Cox email account using an incompatible or outdated browser.
Easy solutions to fix Cox Email login problems
Whatever the reason, you should try to get rid of Cox email login problems as soon as possible. It is so because you may miss out on important information if Cox email is not working for you. Here are some easy solutions to resolve Cox email sign in issues.
Confirm that your User ID and Password are created
- First of all, you need to make sure that your Cox “User ID” and “Password” are created successfully.
Capitalization of Password is incorrect
- You should note that the password you are entering is case sensitive. So, you should take note of the fact that “WizardOfOz#9″ is different from “WIZARDOFOZ#9” or “wizardofoz#9.”.
- Check and confirm that “Caps Lock” and “Number Lock” keys on your computer/ laptop are unlocked.
- When those keys are inactive, you should re-enter your password.
Reset Cox Email Password
- In case you forgot the Cox email password then you will have to reset the same and create a new one.
- To do that, you will have to visit the official website i.e. www.cox.com.
- Then, enter your Cox User ID.
- After that, you should keep following the instructions appearing on your screen to reset the password.
- Next, answer the security questions linked with your Cox email account.
- If you provide the correct answer to the security questions. An option to create a new password will display on your screen.
- Now, provide a new cox email password and confirm the same.
- Finally, save the changes.
Confirm that the password is not locked out
Multiple login attempts in a row are labelled by the system as a security threat. This is what happens in such a situation.
- The system locks out any further login attempts.
- This system of locking out is intended to block all unauthorized access to your Cox email account.
- In case your sign-in fails after multiple attempts, click on the Forgot Password? link to reset your password.
Note: You must remember that Cox can’t remove or undo a “lockout” in the process.
Recover User ID if lost
If you are one of those users who can’t log into their Cox email account because they can’t remember their User ID then you should try the following measures.
- Go to the Cox email sign inbox and click the “Forgot User ID” i.e. https://idm.east.cox.net/selfservice2/lookupuserid.action?execution=e2s1
- To verify your identity, you will have to enter a 16 digit account number and other required details.
- Provide an answer to your security question in the next step.
- Finally, the user ID of the account holder will display on your screen.
Restore forgotten Secret Answer
Those who can’t remember the answers to their secret questions may recover the same by following the steps listed below.
- To reset the answer to your security questions, you should contact Cox Customer Support.
- The support team will help you in resetting the answer, lookup for the user ID, or resetting the password.
- If you know your current user ID and password then you can update Cox security questions and answers by trying the following steps.
- Login into your Cox email account and click on the “My Account” and then edit the secret question.
- Choose a new secret question and provide a new secret answer.
Resolve issues with 2-step verification
2 step verification provides full-proof security to your cox email account. If you can’t sign in to cox due to an issue with the 2 step verification then you should try the following solutions.
- Make sure you verify the code received on your verification method and don’t make a typing mistake.
- You should note that the 2-step verification code expires five minutes after you have received it. Please note that you are required to click on the “Re-send Code” button to get a new code.
- In case you haven’t received the one-time password then you may request the same once again by clicking on the “Re-send Code” once again.
- After receiving the new passcode, you must enter the new code in the “Enter code” field carefully within 5 minutes.
- Remember, after 5 unsuccessful attempts to enter the OTP, your account will be locked. In such a situation, you will have to enter the correct code after 30 minutes.
Try to sign in using a different browser
- Make sure you are trying to sign-in to your Cox email account on a compatible web browser. Thankfully, cox email works flawlessly on most of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- You must also confirm that you are using an updated version of the browser.
Sign Up to Cox Email
If you are new to Cox then you may create a new email account with ease. The complete signup process for Cox’s email is explained below.
- First thing first, you need to visit Cox’s login window.
- Next, click on the “New here? Sign up Today” button.
- On the next page, you will get three options to register your Cox account. You may register using a phone number, email address, or account number.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to finish up the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get it back using your phone number, email address, or account number.
You can use the “Edit Secret Question” option available under “My Account”.
This happens due to multiple failed login attempts. In such a case you will have to reset your password.
It remains valid for 30 minutes.
You can make your email account safe for enabling two-step verification.