Apart from providing a pretty good wireless communication service, AT&T also provides a free webmail service to its users. The webmail service of AT&T is quite easy to use and loaded with all the necessary features that an ideal email service should have. The security features of AT&T are also very good. It will never let you access your email account unless you enter the correct password. That’s why the users may have to face a lot of problems in case of forgetting AT&T email password.
Nonetheless, there is a very effective and simple method of AT&T Password recovery by which you can get access to their AT&T email account after losing the password. In this post, we will provide you complete details about the processes of retrieving AT&T password.
Things to check before resetting AT&T Password
There are a few things that you should know before resetting the AT&T password as given below
- In case you are resetting the AT&T password because the current password isn’t working then you should ensure that you aren’t making any typing error while entering the current password.
- Make sure that the caps lock button is not pressed while entering the current AT&T password.
- Please note that it is not possible to get back the same A&T password that you were using previously. You can only reset the current password and create a new one.
- While resetting the password, make sure you use the compatible browser and your device is properly connected to the internet.
How to reset AT&T Password?
The process to reset AT&T webmail password is very easy. You just need to carefully follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to visit my AT&T login page through the following URL – https://www.att.com/my/#/login
- Here, you need to click on the “Forget Password” link that will appear at the bottom of the login window.
- Now, make sure that the radio button next to the “Password” option is checked and enter your “User ID”.
- Along with the “User ID”, you also need to provide the “Last name”.
- Click on the “Continue” button after entering the captcha code.
- On the next screen, you need to select the option to reset AT&T webmail password using a temporary password.
- Select the method by which you wants to receive the AT&T temporary password i.e. AT&T password recovery phone number or email ID.
- Provide the temporary password that you must have received at your phone number or secondary email ID.
- Then, enter a new password for your AT&T email account.
The AT&T password recovery is now completed; you can use your new login credential to sign in to your AT&T email account.
How can I reset AT&T Email password without phone number or email id?
In case you don’t have access to the AT&T recovery phone number or secondary email ID then you can reset the password using security questions. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to do so.
- Go to the myAT&T login page and click on the “Forget Password?” link that will appear at the bottom of the window.
- Enter the AT&T user ID and your last name at the prescribed location.
- Enter the captcha code carefully and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you need to select “Security Questions” as the method to recover AT&T password.
- Answer the AT&T email security questions to the best of your knowledge.
- AT&T will let you create a new password if the security questions answered by you are correct.
- Finally, create a new password for your AT&T email account.
Change AT&T Password
To keep your AT&T email account safe, it is often recommended to keep changing your password regularly. Here is how you can change AT&T email password with ease.
- To initiate the process, you need to sign in to your AT&T email account.
- Locate and click on the “Change Password” button.
- For security reasons, you may need to enter your current password once before creating the new password
- Enter a new password for your AT&T account and confirm it by entering it once again.
Your password will be changed as soon as you confirm the new password.
Tips for creating a strong A&T email password.
No matter you change the password or run AT&T Password recovery, every time you have to provide a new password. Here are some characteristics of a strong AT&T password that you should know.
- Always try to create a longer password. The length of your AT&T password should be at least 6 to 24 characters.
- Don’t use common and easy-to-guess words in your password.
- Avoid common series like abcdef, 123456 etc in your password.
- The password must have a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, symbols and numbers.