One of the primary reasons why email is preferred by most people for their professional communication is that you can send files with ease. AT&T is a very capable email service that let you send emails with attachments with ease. At the same time, it is also a fact that some technical glitches can cause all kinds of email services to malfunction. This is the reason why we can see users facing AT&T email attachment issues.
There is no single reason that we can point out and label responsible for all kinds of AT&T email attachment issues. In fact, there is a large number of possible factors due to which you might have to deal with problems like being unable to attach file to an AT&T email. Go through this post if you are also facing AT&T email attachment errors. Here, we will let you know about the common reasons behind such problems and how you can get rid of the same.
How to Troubleshoot Email Attachments problems
It is not rare to see users grumbling about email attachment issues. The fact is that there is no email service in the world immune to such kind of problem. The good thing about AT&T email is that while using this service, you can get rid of email attachment problems with ease. Given below are some troubleshooting measures that you can try in order to fix the file attachment issues.
- No matter if the file is attached or not, you must have a smooth internet connection in order to send an email. You must make sure that the device through which you are looking to send the email has proper internet connectivity.
- It is easy to check your internet connection. Open another tab on your browser and run another website such as Google. In case the new website opens up easily then it indicates your internet connection is fine.
- You should check your wifi or mobile data connectivity in case you are not connected to the internet.
Check the browser you are using
- Using a compatible browser is equally important in order to attach a file to an email and send it.
- The good thing about AT&T email is that it works smoothly with the most of the web browsers. For the best possible experience, we recommend you to opt for reputed browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- You should also confirm that you are using a compatible version of the web browser.
Clear cache and cookies for the browser
- If you are sure that the browser you are using is compatible then you may clear the browser data.
- Here, clearing browser data means clearing cache, cookies and search history.
- Our browser stores cache and cookies so that we can browse the Internet smoothly. It is also possible that your browser might be storing a corrupt file in the form of a cache. This can result in an error including AT&T email attachment issues.
- If the problem continues, you may check your browser’s download settings. In the download settings, you just need to change the setting and select where you want to save your downloaded items.
Reduce the size of the file
- Please note that you can attach up to 50 files to an email message with a maximum total message size of 25 MB.
- You can send files larger than 25 MB directly.
- In case you want to send a larger file then you can opt for free file hosting services like Yousendit or Dropbox.
Remove all special characters from the file name
- You should also confirm that you haven’t used any special characters such as #, $, /, or @ in the name of your file. Please note that these characters can cause problems in sending.
Reformat Encrypted Files
- Many a time, you can face problems such attachment garbled and doesn’t open. This may be due to an encrypted format.
- Please note that Encryption only works if both the sender and recipient have the key to decode it. In this kind of situation, you should ask the sender for an unencrypted file.
How to add or remove attachments in an AT&T email?
If you don’t know the correct method to add/ remove attachments in an AT&T email then you can follow the steps below.
- At the time of composing the email, you must choose the paperclip icon available next to the send button.
- Then from the selection window, you should browse to select the file you want to attach.
- Choose the file you are looking to attach and select the “Open” option. In order to attach the multiple files at once, you should press the “Ctrl” key and choose the files.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your message for an image or icon of the each file that you have attached.
- Finally, click on the “Send” button once you are done with your message.
How to download an attachment from AT&T email?
If you don’t know how to download an AT&T email attachment then you must follow the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should open the email that you have received.
- Next, choose the attachment and then choose Save or Download (depending on your email program or browser) to save it to your device.
Note – Please note that if you are browsing your emails on currently.com then you also have the option to check your attachments even before downloading the same. For that, you should choose the “Show Images” option.