Blocked Someone on Gmail Accidentally? Learn how to unblock them.
Gmail is undoubtedly the most used email service in the world. However, one of the major drawbacks associated with Gmail is that it is also the favorite email service for spammers and advertisers. Thankfully, Gmail provides filters by which you can block the spam and advertisement emails easily. But what if you block a useful contact accidentally while blocking any spammer or advertiser?
Well, it is quite easy to unblock a sender in Gmail. You just need to remove filters in order to do it. In case you also want to unblock someone in Gmail then Keep reading this post, as complete step by step method to unblock a sender in Gmail is given here.
How to see the Blocked user in Gmail?
It is fairly easy to find the contact you want to unblock in Gmail. Actually, the blocking mechanism in Gmail is a bit different. The blocked user may send you emails but their email will get filtered out to the spam folder automatically.
Follow the steps below in order to check your block list in Gmail.
- Firstly, Log in to the Gmail account whose block list you want to check.
- Click on the “gear icon” in the top right corner.
- Click “Settings” from the opened menu.
- Now click “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab.
- Here, you will find all filters you have applied to the incoming mails along with your block list.
How to unblock a sender in Gmail?
Unblocking a sender in Gmail depends upon how you have blocked (applied the filters) the user or domain. Follow the steps given below in order to unblock a sender or delete/update the filters.
- Open the menu by clicking the gear icon from the Gmail inbox page.
- Click on “Settings” button.
- Open “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab. Here, the list of blocked users will appear.
- Now select the sender you want to unblock.
- Click “Unblock” button and the contact will be unblocked straight away.
- You can also unblock multiple senders in Gmail, just check the box in front of senders name and click “Unblock Selected Senders” button.
- In case you have created other type of filtration rules, they will also appear under “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab.
- Click on the filter followed by “Delete” button and filtration will be deleted. You can also update the filters if you want.
Points to remember:
- Whenever you block someone on Gmail, the emails from that sender start going to the spam folder. The spam folder keeps the email for only 30 days, so it is necessary that you unblock someone you have blocked accidentally before 30 days else you may lose emails sent by them.
- Do check your inbox and spam folder after unblocking the senders in Gmail, as it is possible that they may have sent you an important email while they were blocked.