Don’t need Folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP – Learn how to get rid of them?
The IMAP and SMTP settings in Gmail allow users to check the Gmail Emails in other mail clients such as Apple Mail and Microsoft outlook etc. These setting also enable the users to access their Gmail folders and labels in the other email services. However, sometimes users just require all emails in their inbox without any separate folders and labels.
In case you are also facing a similar problem and your email programme or device is not allowing you to unsubscribe IMAP folders, then this article is just for you. Google has provided the Gmail users many options to hide folder and Labels in Gmail IMAP. In this article, we will discuss the easiest way to hide Folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP.
How to Hide Folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP?
Follow the steps mentioned below to Hide Folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP
- First of all, login to your Gmail account whose folders and Labels you want to be hidden in Gmail IMAP.
- Click on the gear icon from the top right corner followed by “settings” button.
- Now, open the “labels” tab next to general settings.
- In the labels tab, you will find the list of all the labels and folders along with their visibility status i.e. showing or hiding.
- Uncheck “Show in IMAP” boxes in front of all the labels and Folders you want to hide in Gmail IMAP.
Note: – “Show in IMAP” box will be visible only if IMAP Access is enabled in your Gmail Account.
That’s all you need to do to hide Folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP. However, there are some precautions and tips that you should keep in mind before you hide folders and Labels in Gmail IMAP.
Tips to hide folders and labels in Gmail IMAP
- Users should keep in mind that if you hide the folders and labels in Gmail IMAP, it will not remove the message with that label.
- You can also limit the IMAP folders to keep a limited no. of messages. Go to the “Folder size limits” under “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab to choose to the maximum no. of emails in an IMAP folder.
- In case you do not want your email programme to synchronize a large number of emails then you should hide the “All mail” after moving all your unnecessary emails to “All Mail” Folder.