Having a problem with your Gmail Account? Know what you should do first.
Over the period of time, Gmail has become a household name as far as webmail services are concerned. Whenever a problem occurs with Gmail it is quite normal to speculate whether it is down for everybody or it is just you who is facing such as problems. Fortunately, there is a way by which you can check if the problem you are facing is due to an outage or any other reason.
There are diverse kinds of problems that a user can face due to an outage such as login issue, missing data, non-functionality of certain feature etc. In this tutorial, we will discuss how you can check Gmail Status dashboard to check any outage and current status of Gmail.
How to check Google Status Dashboard?
The first thing you should do in case of a problem with Gmail is to check the Google Status Dashboard. It is possible that you are not along who is having a similar kind of problem. The Gmail service might be disrupted or down. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the current status of Gmail.
- First of all, visit the Google Status Dashboard page.
- Check the current status column for Google. Generally, the Gmail listed on the top position.
- If there is a green signal or green radio button next to the Gmail, it indicates that there is no issue or disruption from Google.
- If the radio button against Gmail is orange then it indicates that there is some disruption in the Gmail service.
- A red radio button indicates a complete service outage.
- You should also go through the comments sections that appear in “today’s date” column in Gmail row. The comment will help you understand what’s really going on during the service disruption or system outage.
If the radio button is green and you are having trouble using the Gmail then you need to contact Gmail help and support. If the radio button is red or orange then you don’t need to do anything, Google knows the issue will resolve it as early as possible.
Google also provides a help center page which illustrates the solutions to most of the common Gmail problems.
How to Use Gmail Help Center?
It is recommended that you should check the Gmail Help center page before contacting the Google for help and support. Follow the steps given below to check Gmail help center page.
- First of all, visit the Gmail Help center page and click on “Fix a problem”.
- Choose the category for the problem you are facing. Categories of problems may include.
- Can’t sign in to your Google account
- Gmail messages are missing
- Unwanted or suspicious emails
- Loading & display
- Rejected messages
- Sync & import
- Follow the instructions mentioned by Google in Gmail help center pages and find the solution to your problems.
If you are unable to find the solution to your problem through Gmail help center page then it is the time to contact Google for help and support.
How to report a problem to Google?
If the problem you are facing is not mentioned in the gmail help center pages or you have any query regarding the solutions then you should contact Google. Steps to contact google for help are as follows:
- Log in to your Gmail account and click on setting gear icon at the top right corner.
- Click on “Send Feedback” button from the drop down menu.
- Explain your issue in a detailed manner in send feedback screen that will open.
- It is recommended that you should include a screen shot of your problem if possible.
- Click on “Send” button.
You will receive a reply google support technicians explaining solutions to your problem.
Note: In case your Gmail is a part of Paid G suite account, then you will have some additional options to contact google such as phone, email and chat.