Give a personalized touch to your Emails. Here’s how to add a Custom picture to your Gmail Signature
If you are a Gmail user who sends a large number of emails on a daily basis then you probably have added a Signature to your Emails to save your time and efforts. Now you can also make your Email stand out in the crowd by adding a custom image to your Gmail signature. Adding a unique image to your Gmail signature makes it stand apart from the ordinary or standard signature and makes it more attractive.
In case you are a business owner who uses Emails to promote his/her business then the signature with custom images provides you a perfect platform to add your company logo or a small picture of your company’s product. In this post, we will illustrate the simplest method to add a custom image to Gmail signature.
How to add an image to your Gmail Signature?
The Gmail signature gives your emails a professional look. Additionally, Google also has an option to stop automatic signature in Gmail that helps to remove signatures from replies. If you have already selected the image then you can follow the steps given below to add it to your Gmail signature:
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account and click on settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Settings option from the opened menu.
- Now open the General Settings tab.
- Scroll down to find the “Signature” option.
- Select the Radio button next to the custom signature. By default, the radio button next to the “No Signature” would have been selected.
Note: In case you have set Gmail to send emails from multiple email accounts then you need to select the one email address to which you want to add the signature.
- Now, you can make a signature of your choice. Here are some tips and tricks that may help you create a Good signature from scratch.
- Always position your cursor exactly on the location where you want your signature to go. For example, if you want your company logo just below the company’s name you should press enter after typing the company name and then insert the image.
- In order to insert the image, you need to open the signature editor and click on the insert image button to open the “Add an image” window.
- You can select any image from your drive or you can also add an image through URL (web address)
- There is open to resize the image you have added. So, you further customize the added image in such a way that it looks good in your signature. In the resize menu, you can select small, medium, large or the original size of the image.
- Once you are done with adding the image and creating the best-suited signature for yourself. You may click on the “Save Changes” button to save the new signature.
How to add different Image to your Gmail Signature for different Emails?
Sometimes we need a different style of signature that may suit a particular recipient. In such cases, you can create a photo signature on the fly by following the steps given below:
- Type your message and then add two hyphens (–) at the bottom of your message where a signature will normally appear.
- Type your signature information just below the hyphens (make sure it looks like a signature which is automatically appended)
- Copy the image you are looking to add in your signature. If the image you want to add is not on the internet then you can upload it to your Google drive or other image storing websites like Imgur and copy it from there. However, you should note that uploading large files to Google drive will deplete your Gmail account storage
- Paste the copied picture where you want it to appear in your Gmail signature.
In case the picture you just pasted doesn’t show up then it is possible that your plain text mode in Gmail might be on. To fix this, you need to click on the three dots icon available at the bottom of the Gmail compose message window and uncheck the “Plain Text mode”.
Important Points to remember while adding Image to Gmail Signature
- You can also set up the Gmail signature with your Mobile Phone. However, unlike the desktop version, you cannot add an image to Gmail via Mobile. Using Mobile you can only add plain text to the Gmail signature.
- You should not add too many images to your Gmail signature as it might look clumsy to your recipient.
- The Signature should be neat & clean only providing the information you want to convey to your recipients.
- You can delete, edit or disable the Gmail signatures whenever you want. However, it is recommended to disable a Gmail signature rather than deleting it so that you can reuse it in case of future requirement.