Using Multiple Gmail Accounts? Know how to switch between effortlessly
Many of the Google users maintain multiple Gmail accounts due to a variety of reasons. Generally, the users have to sign out from one Gmail account and log in to the other one to switch between the Gmail accounts. By this way, the users do waste a lot of precious time. Can you imagine how much time you would have saved if you can switch from one Gmail Account to the other one just by a few clicks?
Well, Gmail does have an option that allows us to open multiple Gmail accounts side by side. But in order to do that, you have to link your Gmail accounts together. In this tutorial, we will provide you step by step methods to link multiple Gmail accounts together and switch between them quickly once they are linked.
It is quite easy to link two Gmail accounts together; all you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- First of all, log in to your first or primary Gmail account.
- Click on your picture, email address or name available at the top right corner of Gmail’s home screen.
- Click on “Add account” button.
- Enter the email address of the Gmail account you want to add for multiple sign in.
- Type in the password of the Gmail account you want to add.
- Click on “Sign in”.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps if you want to add more Gmail account.
In case you wondering how to unlink these linked accounts then all you need to do is log out of any of these connected accounts.
How to switch between multiple Gmail accounts quickly?
To switch between multiple Gmail accounts in a faster way, you need to open them in different browser’s tab side by side. Here is how you can do it.
- Ensure that all your Gmail accounts you want to use together are linked.
- You can check the linked accounts by clicking on your picture, name or current account’s gmail address available at the top right corner of Gmail navigation bar.
- Now, you can select the Gmail address or account you want to access.
If you just want to read the incoming mails in all your gmail account, then you can use POP or IMAP settings to have all the incoming emails in your multiple accounts been forwarded to any particular email account.