Save your time and efforts. Learn the quick way to send messages to a group on Gmail.
Gmail has a very clean and smooth user interface which allows you to send emails very quickly. However, it can be a bit problematic and time-consuming if you have to send the same message to a large number of recipients. You need to type the email address of each recipient one by one which can be quite a hectic task. But, in case you already have an email groups set up in your Gmail then you can send messages to all the members in a particular group without having to type all the email addresses.
After setting a group in Gmail, all you have to do is type the name of the group and Google will automatically send your message to all the members in the group. This tutorial will help you understand the procedure to email groups in Gmail.
Sending Email to Groups in Gmail
You can have any kind of Groups in Gmail such as family, friends, colleague, or fellow club members etc. There is a very simple and quick method to add the contacts to a Gmail group and send an email to any Gmail group. To send an email to a group all you have to do is follow the steps given below:
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account and click on “Compose” button to create a new email message.
- Now, in the “To” field start typing the name of the group.
- Gmail will start to autosuggest you the name of the group as soon as you start typing the name.
- Select the name of the group from the autosuggestion drop-down.
- As soon as you select the group, the Google will automatically fill the email address of all the group contacts in the “To” field.
Note: You can also use cc or bcc field if don’t want every email address in the “To” field. You have to select the desired field in step 2.
How to select contacts from group to send Emails in Gmail?
Sometimes, we just don’t want everyone in the group to read a particular message. In such cases, you need not delete a Gmail contact, you can simply choose the contacts to an email from the group.
- Open Gmail’s “Compose” message window.
- Now, enter the group into the message and email addresses will be automatically filled.
- Hover your cursor over the added email addresses.
- Click on small x against the email address you want to remove.
By doing so, the email address you removed will not receive your message. However, it does not remove the user from the Group or your Google contacts.
There is also an alternative method to choose contacts from group to send Gmail messages as given below.
- Open compose message window in Gmail.
- Click on “To”, “CC” or “Bcc” as per your preference.
- Your Gmail contacts will appear as soon as you click on the “To”, “CC” or “Bcc” field.
- Select the group from your Gmail contacts.
- Check the list of contacts in the group, select or deselect them as you wish.
- Once you are done with selecting contacts, you need to click on “Select”.
Switch Quickly between To, CC and Bcc Field.
Once you select the group all the contacts will be auto filled in the particular field be it “To”, “CC” or “BCC”. However, it is not necessary that we always want each contact in a particular field. Sometimes, we may require some contact in “Too” field while some of the contacts in “BCC” or “CC” field.
In such cases, you can simply drag and drop the contact from one field to another. For example- if you have 5 contacts entered in the “To” field, all you need to do is drag a particular email address from the “To” field and drop it in the desired (CC or Bcc) field without having to retype those address.