These days your mobile phone is not just a mere device to pick and make phone calls. The latest smartphones are no less than a personal computer. You can use them for browsing the internet, chatting with your friends, using social media accounts, checking emails etc. If you are a Samsung smartphone user and want to check your Gmail emails on your phone then this article is just for you.
Please note that in order to set up Gmail account on Samsung phone automatically you don’t have to know the technical parameters such as IMAP, POP etc. In this post, we will discuss the step by step procedure to add and Gmail account on Samsung in a most convenient manner.
Pre-requisite for Configuring Gmail account on Samsung
Before moving on to the configuration process, you should have a look at the pre-requisite for Samsung Gmail account setup.
- First of all, you must have good internet connectivity to your Samsung device.
- Your Samsung phone should not be on Airplane mode because it blocks the internet connectivity.
- Make sure you know the complete email address and password of your Gmail account. In case you forgot password then you should run Gmail password recovery before initiating the configuration process.
How to set up Gmail on Samsung automatically?
Setting up Gmail on Samsung automatically is very easy. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below carefully. Please note that some steps may vary as per the different Samsung devices. The steps we are listing below are applicable for Samsung galaxy. You may do subtle changes to the following steps as per your device.
- Go to the home screen of your Samsung device and open settings.
- Then, you need to choose “Cloud and Accounts”, “Accounts and backup” or “Accounts” as applicable.
- Tap “Add account” followed by “Email”.
- Next, you need to provide your Gmail address and password.
- Tap “Next” and enter your preference for notifications and settings.
- Finally, you just need to tap “Allow”.
That’s it, now your Gmail account will automatically add to your Samsung device. You can check your emails through the Mail app on your device.
Samsung Gmail account setup (Manual)
In case you face any kind of problem in the automatic setup then you can configure Gmail on Samsung manually. However, you should know that the manual process to connect Gmail with Samsung is a bit complicated as compared to the automatic one. Here are the steps that you may follow.
- Open settings on your Samsung device and choose “Accounts”.
- Select “Add Account” followed by “Email”.
- Enter the Gmail email address and password.
- After that, you should tap on the “Manual Setup” button.
- Now, you have to select either “POP3 account” or “IMAP account”
Note: If you are going to use your Gmail account on multiple devices then you should choose “IMAP account”. In case you will Gmail only on a single device then you may opt for “POP3 account”.
- Here are the POP3 settings you can enter to configure Gmail on Samsung manually.
- Type: web & POP3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username: your complete Gmail email address
- Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP port: 465
- TLS/ SSL requirement: Yes
Once you are done with entering these settings, you will be able to access your Gmail email on Samsung device with ease. Please note that the steps mentioned above are applicable to Samsung Galaxy. If you are using another device of Samsung then you can make necessary changes as per your device. However, the overall settings will remain the same for all the devices. In case you encounter any error during the Samsung Gmail account setup process then you should contact Gmail customer support for further assistance.