Know how to add, edit or delete a contact in Gmail
There are so many reasons why Gmail is considered one of the best web based email services around the world. One such reason is that it is very easy to maintain your contacts in Gmail. You can add, edit or delete a contact from your Gmail address book in a breeze. That’s not all, you can also synchronize your Gmail contact to access them in multiple devices. However, for the new users it can be a little tricky to get used to editing or deleting Gmail contacts.
Google automatically create a Gmail address book entry whenever a user responds or forward an email in Gmail. In this post, we will brief you about the methods to view your Gmail contacts and access them.
How to Open and Access Gmail Contacts?
You can easily access your Gmail contacts in a desktop computer by following the steps given below:
- To start with, you need to log in to your Gmail account
- Now, click on “Gmail” written in the top left corner just below Google.
- Select second option i.e. “Contacts” from the drop down menu that will appear. The contacts will appear in the left panel of the screen.
There are some alternate ways as well by which you can open the Gmail Contacts
- You can find the Gmail contact under the “Google Apps” icon available at top right corner of Gmail screen near the notification bell icon.
- If you have Gmail keyboard shortcut keys enabled, then you can simply press “G” followed by “C” and the Gmail contacts will appear immediately in the left hand side panel.
- You can directly paste this URL: “mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts” in your browser’s address bar to open your Gmail contacts.
How to add, edit or Delete Gmail contacts?
After opening the Google contacts using any of the above mentioned methods you can add, edit or delete a Gmail contact effortlessly.
Adding a Gmail contact
Steps to add a Gmail contact manually are as follows:
- To add a new contact you have to click on “+” sign after opening Google contact.
- Enter first and last name for your Gmail contact.
- Enter the email address in the specified field.
- Finally, click on “Save” from the bottom of the window.
Edit a Gmail Contact
Follow the steps give below to edit a Gmail contact
- Open Google contacts.
- Click on the name of contact you wants to edit.
- Click on Edit (Pencil icon) from the top right corner.
- Edit the details you want to change.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
Delete a Gmail contact
Here how to delete a contact in Gmail
- Open Google contacts.
- Check the boxes next to the name of contacts to select them. You should select all the contacts you want to delete at once.
- Click on more (three dots stacked over each other) from the top right corner.
- Click on Delete from the appeared menu.
- Finally, give confirmation by clicking on “Delete” once again.
Things to know about Gmail Contacts
As we have already mentioned in this post, it is quite easy to maintain contacts in Gmail. You can easily add the person you interacted on Google plus or YouTube to your Gmail address book. There are many more things that you should know about Gmail contacts as given below:
- Gmail is very good at tracking the people you contact frequently and add them to the frequently contacted list. You can add these contacts to your main contact list if you want.
- There is an automatic feature to merge info in Gmail contact.
- Both Google + and Gmail are integrated so you can smoothly add people in your circle in Google + to your Gmail contact list. If the person has not shared his email address, then you can use Gmail contact to access his Google+ profile page.
- There is no nuisance of duplicate contacts in Gmail. Whenever you found a duplicate contact you can simply click on “Duplicates” from the left hand panel of the Google Contacts screen and the duplicate contact will be cleared
- If you have a lot of contacts in your Gmail address book then you might like to have business and personal contacts separate from each other. In such case, you can group contacts together in Gmail. You can send emails to a group in gmail effortlessly.
Gmail also let you import, export or print a complete contact list