Worried about Gmail Account Security? Keep it safe-change your Gmail password now
Although the Gmail account security features are considered a tough nut crack but it is always advised to keep changing your Gmail password regularly. Changing Gmail password regularly helps you keep your account safe from activities like Hacking, Phishing etc.
If you don’t know how to change Gmail Password or you are having issues with changing password of your Gmail account then this article is just for you. Here we will provide an easy tutorial so that you can learn how to change the Gmail Password through web or by your android phone.
How to change Gmail Password on web?
The Gmail Password can be changed easily through the Google MyAccount Page. In order to change the Gmail Password through Google My account Page, you just need to follow the step mentioned below
Step 1: Sign in to Gmail
First of all, you will have to sign in using the account for which you want to change the password.
Step2: Go to settings
The Gmail account settings can be accessed by clicking on the Gear button in the upper right corner of your Gmail Inbox page.
Step 3: Click Accounts and Import
An option to change Gmail password along with the options to change the Gmail Password recovery option is available under the “Accounts and Import” tab
Step 4: Enter Current Password
Click on the “Change Password” link under “Accounts and Import” tab. Here, you will be asked to enter your current Gmail Password before letting you set a new Gmail password. If you have forgotten your current password then you have to create a new one by recovery phone number or a Secondary Email ID.
Step 5: Type a new password
First of all, click on the eye tab this will help you to view the password you are entering. Now enter a strong new Gmail password with at least 8 characters. A strong password contains a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols
Step 6: Retype New Password
You will be asked to re-enter the new password in order to confirm the Gmail Password Change.
Step 7: Sign in Using New Gmail Password
You will be signed out immediately after changing your Gmail Password. Enter your newly created password to see if your new credentials are working.
Note: Changing the Gmail Password will also sign you out from all devices you have been logged in and you will be required to enter the new password on all your devices.
How to change Gmail Password on Android?
In case we do not have an access to a pc or laptop, you can also use your android phone to change Gmail Password
Follow the step mentioned below to change Gmail Password on Android
- Open the setting menu on your android phone.
- Scroll down to the “personal” section.
- Choose “Google services”. If you are a Samsung user, tap application under setting menu and here you will find the “Google Setting” section at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If you are facing difficulty finding Google service menu, you can visit Google My account website instead.
- Choose “Sign-in & security” followed by “Password”.
- Now, you will be asked for to your current Gmail password. If you don’t remember your current password then choose “forget password” option and initiate “Gmail Account recovery options”.
- After entering the current password, type a new Gmail password. The new password should be at least 8 characters long. It will be better if you use a combination of letter, number and symbols in your new Gmail Password.
- Confirm your New Gmail Password by entering it again.
- Finally, Tap”Change Password”.
- You will be signed out of Gmail as soon as you choose to change the Gmail Password. Sign in again with the new Gmail password.
Other precautions to keep your Gmail Safe
- Never forget to sign out of Gmail if you are using your Gmail account on a public computer.
- Apart from changing Gmail Password regularly, we should set up Google Two-Step verification for an additional security.
- Avoid using a simple Gmail password like your nickname or pet name. The Gmail password should be a unique blend of letter, number and symbols so that it will be hard to crack for any hacking software.
- Always make sure to you have the access to “Gmail Account recovery options” it can be phone number or email address. This will be useful in case you lost your Gmail password.