Switching to yahoo from Gmail or Outlook? Learn how to import the contacts to yahoo
With the increase in number of internet or email users around the world, the number of webmail service providers is also increasing simultaneously. Yahoo, Gmail and outlook are some of the best and most popular webmail services worldwide. It is very hard to pick anyone out of them as each one has its own merit and demerit.
Even if you have accounts on many webmail services, it is highly probable that you have a favorite one. If you prefer yahoo over any other email service and have your contacts stored in other webmail account then this article is just for you. Here we will illustrate the simple method to import contacts to Yahoo from other email services.
How to import contacts to Yahoo from Gmail, outlook and Facebook?
The process to import contacts to yahoo from Gmail, Outlook and Facebook is similar. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open Yahoo Mail screen and click on the contacts icon from the top left corner.
- Then in the main mail screen, select the import contacts button.
- Now, a list of service providers i.e. Gmail, Facebook, outlook etc. will appear. Click on the button next to the specific email provider from which you wants to import the contacts.
Note: Here, you can choose yahoo to import contacts from another yahoo account.
- Enter the login credentials (username and password) of the account from which you want to import the contacts to Yahoo.
- Grant permission to Yahoo in order to access the other account (if required).
That’s all you need to do in order to import contacts to Yahoo. Now, you can check the imported contacts in your yahoo contact list.
How to import contacts to yahoo form other Email services?
If you want to import contacts from the Email service other then Gmail, Outlook or Facebook. Then you should follow the instructions given below:
- Open Yahoo Mail and click on the contacts icon.
- Click on the import contacts button.
- Click on Import button next to the other Email Address in order to import contacts from around 200 other email service providers.
- Enter the email address and password of the account from which you want to import the contacts.
Note: You will see an exclamation screen if your email service is not compatible with yahoo. For example, you will see exclamation screen while importing contacts from Apple’s mail application as it is not compatible with yahoo.
- Grant the permission to let yahoo access the other account.
- Choose the contacts you want to import and click on Import button.
How to Import contacts to yahoo from a file?
If your email service provider or address is not supported by Yahoo then you can first export the contacts to a .csv or .vcf file and then import it to Yahoo. Follow the steps mentioned below to import contacts to yahoo from a .csv or .vcf file.
- Open Yahoo mail and click on contacts icon.
- Now, click on the Import button next to the file upload option on the Yahoo Mail import contacts screen.
- Click on Choose file and browse to the .csv or .vcf format file on your computer.
- Finally, click on import to import the contacts stored in the file to Yahoo Mail.