Stay organized wherever you go. Use Gmail Tasks on your PC or Mobile Phone
Managing your to-do list on paper notes is a thing of past. Now, you can use Google Tasks to note down and manage the works you have to do. It not only saves the paper but also helps you remind the due dates as it can be synchronized with Google Calendar. What’s even more stupendous is that all your notes in Gmail Task get saved into cloud storage. So, it enables you to manage your tasks from any device of your choice. You just need to login to your Gmail account through your web browser, smartphone, tablet etc and you will be able to use Gmail Task manager.
In this article, we will discuss various ways to access Gmail task on different platforms such as the web browser, mobile device etc.
How to use Gmail Tasks on your Mobile?
The easiest way to manage your Gmail tasks on a mobile device is through the Google Tasks App. This app is readily available on the Google Play store for Android and App store for Apple mobile device. Apart from the Google Tasks App, you can use Gmail Tasks through your Mobile web browser as well.
How to use Google Tasks App?
You can download and install Google Tasks App from the Google Play store if you are an Android user or you can install it from App store if you are an Apple device user. Follow the steps given below to synchronize a task using the Google Tasks App.
- First of all, Open Google Tasks App and login using your Google login credentials.
- Now, the list of your existing tasks will appear. Tap on the circle next to the task you have finished to mark it as complete.
- To add a task, tap on the “Add a new task” button from the bottom of your screen.
- You can use the menus at the bottom of the screen to create more tasks, rename an existing task, delete a list of tasks etc.
How to access Gmail Tasks through a web browser on your phone?
In addition to the Google Tasks App, you can access Gmail Tasks or Google task through your Mobile phone web browser as well. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- Run a web browser in your mobile phone.
- Type mail.google.com/tasks in the URL field of the web browser.
- Log in by entering your Gmail address and password.
- Tap on the Tasks button and a list of all your tasks will appear.
- Now from this screen, you will have the option to add a new task, mark a completed task, delete tasks list. Here, you will also have the options to switch between your tasks lists.
How to access Gmail Tasks on your computer?
Similarly to the mobile device, you can also use Gmail Tasks on your computer. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- Open Gmail website and login to your account using your Gmail Id and password.
- Click on Gmail drop-down menu from the left corner (Just below the Google logo).
- Now, click on Tasks (last option in the drop down menu)
- A small window will appear in the bottom right corner with the name “Tasks: My Tasks” as soon as you click on the Tasks button.
- If you want to add a task click on the “+” sign at the bottom of the screen.
- You can find all the other options as edit tasks list, sort, print tasks list etc. under the “Actions” from the bottom of the My Tasks window
Note: You can open Gmail Task in your PC’s browser directly without going through Gmail by entering mail.google/tasks/desktop in your web browser.