Never miss an appointment with outlook, IPhone and Google Calendar synchronization.
Gone are days when you have to face trouble while managing different events on different calendars. Now, it doesn’t matter if you are using outlook, gmail or iPhone calendar. If you have an appointment, you can enter it in your outlook and it will show up in your iPhone and Gmail calendar automatically. Similarly, you can edit this event in Google calendar and the changes will show up in both outlook and iPhone. To avail this functionality, all you need to do is sync your Google, Outlook and iPhone Calendars.
In this tutorial, we will describe simple step by step method that will let you sync the outlook, iPhone, and Google calendar without any hassle.
How to sync Google, Outlook and iPhone Calendars?
Follow the instruction given below to sync your outlook, google and iPhone calendar with each other.
If you have a free Gmail or Google Apps account.
- First of all, make sure you have iCal4OL software installed in your PC. (You can also use CalDAV for Outlook or a different Google Calendar).
- Launch iCal4OL.
- Open the tab named “Who”.
- Now enter the https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[email address]/user under the server field. Provide your Gmail password replacing the email address field.
For example: if your email address is email@example.com then you have to enter https://firstname.lastname@example.org/user.
- Now enter your gmail address and password in their respective fields.
- Click on “Retrieve configuration from server and save it”.
- Now, do the following task for every calendar on Google Calendar:
- Choose the calendar in outlook with which you want to synchronize the Google calendar.
If you don’t have a calendar in outlook, then you can create a new one clicking on “New” followed by entering the name of calendar and clicking “OK”. (iCal4OL will use the default data folder of your outlook)
- Ensure that the Down and Up are checked under the Synchronization/ Simulation options. (This will enable the full synchronization)
- Also make sure that the reminders are also checked.
- Click on “Save”.
- Click on the Save button once again and open the run tab
- Then click on “Start Synchronization”.
- Now, Under the Task Tray Autostart, select the schedule for uploading and downloading the data from different servers.
- Finally, Click the “Play” button
Note: You can make synchronization run any time by right clicking the iCal4OL system tray icon and selecting “Run Now” option from the menu.
If you have a Google Apps for Business account.
In case you are using Google Apps for Business account then you can use Google Apps syncing by following the steps given below:
- To begin with, download and install the Google Apps Sync
- Enter your Gmail address under the Email field.
- Type in your Gmail Password under the Password field.
- Ensure that the two ways or up & down are selected for a full synchronization.
- You can also change the interval for automatic synchronization under the Sync every_minutes options.
- Finally Click on “Save”.
Note: You can change these settings whenever you want just by double clicking the Google Calendar sync system tray icon.
How to sync Calendars via iPhone or iPad?
It is quite easy to sync Calendars through iPhone. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open settings from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Under the Accounts tab, open Add Account.
- Select “Other”.
- Tap on “Add CalDAV Account” under Calendars.
- Type “https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[email address]/user” under the server. Not to forget replacing [Email Address] with your Gmail address.
- Enter the email address and password you use to open Google Calendar under the Username and password field.
- Tap on Google Calendar under the Description followed by next.
Now, your Iphone calendar will sync with your Google calendar automatically.