Deleted an important Email accidentally? Learn how to retrieve it back in Gmail.
It is quite simple to organize E-mails in Gmail due to its amazing user interface and smooth functionality. However, in rush to declutter our inbox, we sometimes delete some of our important emails which we might require in future. Thankfully, Gmail provides an option to retrieve the messages stored in archives for future viewing purpose.
If you are also facing a similar dilemma after deleting an important message accidentally then this tutorial is going help you significantly. Here, you will find how to recover a deleted email in Gmail using both web version and Gmail mobile application.
Retrieving an archived Email in Gmail Web version
If you are using Gmail on your Computer, then you can recover a deleted or archived message in Gmail using the following instructions.
- First of all, visit the Gmail website at http://www.mail.google.com and log in to the account from which you want to retrieve archived mail.
- Click on the “More” button available on the left side of the screen under the column starting with inbox.
- Then, click on “All Mail”.
- Now, look for the archived mail. If you have a large number of emails in the all mail folder then you can use the search box to find out the desired email.
- Select the check box against the message you want to move back into your inbox.
- Finally, click on “Move to inbox” button available on the Gmail’s main toolbar.
Recover archived Email in Gmail Application
You can also retrieve your archived Emails in Gmail App. All you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Open Gmail App and Sign in if you aren’t already logged into your Gmail account.
- Tap on the button with three horizontal bars available at the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll Down and Tap on “All Mail” option.
- Now, look for the archived Mail.
Note: If an email doesn’t have the inbox tag on the far right of the subject line, this indicates that the email is archived.
- Open the archived email and tap on three dots available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Move to inbox” and the archived Email will be restored back to your Gmail inbox.
Avoid accidentally archiving Emails in Gmail
Here are some tips that can help you restricting yourself from accidentally archiving Emails in Gmail.
- In the web version of Gmail, the “back to inbox” button and “archive” button is located right next to each other. Make sure you click on the right button to avoid archiving the messages accidentally.
- Never make any unnecessary swipe while using Gmail mobile application. Take your time while scrolling down the inbox and never swipe right to left unnecessarily.
- Always remain watchful for the confirmation message stating that the conversation has been archived. Usually, the archive confirmation comes with an undo button you can tab on the undo button and your archived message will be restored right away.