Never miss an important event listed in your Gmail message, list it directly to the Google Calendar Event.
Emails are considered a very convenient and fast medium of communication. Nowadays, most of our official communications are made through emails. Many of these official communications often contain information about different events such as important appointments, meetings etc. At times, it can be very difficult to remember or note down each & every event. Thankfully, Gmail has a feature that allows you to create an event that’s mentioned in an email even though there is no date mentioned in the Email at all. You can also invite people to the Google calendar event that you just created through the Email message.
If you are a Gmail user who creates a lot of events and appointments in Gmail, then this article is going to be very helpful to you. Here, we will discuss how to add an Event to Google Calendar from a Gmail message directly.
Creating a Google Calendar Event from an Email using a web browser
In case you are accessing Gmail via computer then you should follow the steps given below to create an Event in Google Calendar from an Email on Gmail.
- Log in to your Gmail account and open the message containing the information regarding the event.
- Click on “More” button from Gmail toolbar window. You may also click on period key if have Gmail Keyboard shortcut enabled.
- Click on “Create an event”. This will automatically open the calendar.
- Now, you have to add title and description for your event. Make the necessary changes in these two fields.
- Go to the drop-down menu under the event name from the top of the screen and select the date, time and end time of the event. You can also check the “All day” box if the event is going to continue for a full day. Make sure you have the custom time zone in your Gmail account otherwise it may lead to a confusion
- Choose or add a location for your event in the respective field
- You should also assign a color to your calendar event showing whether you are going to be busy or free during the course of the event.
- Finally, click on the save button available to the top of the page and the event will be created automatically.
Now, Your Google calendar will be showing the event you have just created. In case you want to change or edit the created event then you can do it by clicking the event on the calendar. The event will expand as soon as you click it on the calendar, click on the pencil icon to edit this event.
How to create a Google Calendar Event via Email using the Google Calendar App?
Adding a Google Calendar Event via Email can be extremely handy while you are traveling. If you have a Google calendar app installed in your Mobile phone then it will automatically detect the events like your hotel reservation, flight reservation, restaurant booking etc. and add a calendar event for the same. This awesome feature also works for ticketed events like movies, concerts etc.
Follow the step mentioned below to Add Gmail Events automatically to Google calendar App.
- Run the Google Calendar App from your Mobile Phone.
- Tap on the menu from the top and select “Settings”.
- Tap on “Events from Gmail”.
- Now, a screen will open having your Google login information and a slider to on and off the “Add events from the Gmail” option.
- Tap on the slider to change it to the on position.
- That’s it. Now, whenever you receive an email regarding the events like movies, flights, hotel reservation etc. An event will be created automatically in your Google calendar.
- You can turn off this feature if you don’t want to save events automatically. But please note that you can’t edit an existing event.
In case you receive an update to the existing event via Email then it will be updated automatically. As we have mentioned earlier, you can’t edit an existing event manually. However, you can delete it whenever you want and you can also invite your Google contacts to the event as well.
How to delete a Google Calendar Event?
Here is how you can delete an existing event in Google Calendar.
- Run the Google Calendar app on your mobile phone.
- Open the event you are looking to delete.
- Open the menu by tapping the three dots available at the top of the screen.
- Select Delete.
That’s it you have successfully deleted the Google Calendar Event.