Changing your Gmail Account? Learn how to transfer Emails from your old Gmail account to a new one.
Have you changed your business name? Or you just want a new Gmail account for yourself. Well, it is fairly easy to create a new Gmail id, but creating a new id will leave all your important emails and conversation back in previous email id. Thankfully, Google has provided a simple procedure to move or copy all your email from one Gmail account to another.
Apart from moving emails from your old Gmail account, you can also keep receiving the emails coming to your old Gmail account on the new one. In this article, we are providing a simple step by step method to copy or Move email from one Gmail account to another and fetching incoming emails from old account to new one.
How to Transfer Emails between two Gmail Accounts?
It is necessary that you enable POP (Post Office Protocol) in your old Gmail account in order to fetch emails from this account. The exact procedure to enable POP along with email transfer process is described in the steps given below:
Step: 1 Enable POP in your old Gmail Account
- Sign into your old Gmail or Gmail Account from which you want emails to be transferred.
- Click”setting” from the top right corner of the Gmail inbox page.
- Now, Tap “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
- Under the “POP Download” section, choose “Enable POP for all mail”.
- Click “Save changes” from the bottom of the screen.
Step: 2 Importing Emails in new Gmail Account
- Sign in to your new Gmail Account.
- Tap on “settings” from the top right corner.
- Now, click “Account and Import” or “Accounts” tab.
- Click “Add a mail” from the “Check mail from the other accounts” section.
- Enter your old Gmail address (Gmail Account in which you have enabled POP) and click “Next step”
- Now you will be asked to enter your Gmail password for your account security.
- Finally, click “Add Account”. As soon as you click on “Add Account”, you will be asked if you want to reply incoming email on your old account by your old address or by the new email address. This will help your recipients to identify you.
- Make sure that the boxes against the following options must be checked
- “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail”
- “Label incoming messages”
- Leave all the other boxes unchecked
Solutions to Errors while copying and moving Email from one Gmail Account to another.
“Server denied POP3 access”
This is a common error faced by users while copying and moving Email from one Gmail Account to another. This error can be caused due to a variety of reasons such as 2 step verification, using a work or school account, using Google MX records etc.
- Enter a new app password in case you are using Gmail 2-step verification.
- In case you are using a work or school account, enter mail.domain.com in the “POP server” section and then select Port 110.
- If you are using Google MX records with your school or work account, enter pop.gmail.com in the “POP server” section and select Port 995.
Any other Error
Although copying and moving Email from one Gmail account to another is not such a complex task but sometimes a variety of errors can make it problematic.
- First of all, click show error details and then follow the steps given below:
- Check if the POP is disabled for your older email account. Enable POP if it is so.
- If the error still persists, check the Gmail problem Troubleshoot with Mail Fetcher page from the Google help and support section.
How to Stop Importing Emails from one Gmail account to another?
In case you are looking to Delete Gmail account that you are using previously and stop importing Emails from your older Gmail account to the new one just follow the steps given below:
- Open your new Gmail Account or the account you have been importing to.
- Click “Settings” from the top right corner of the Gmail homepage.
- Choose the “Account and Import” tab.
- In the “Check mail from other accounts” section, you will find the account from which you are importing email.
- Click “Delete” next to the email account from which you want to stop getting emails.
Note: In case you are continuing to receive emails even after following the above-mentioned steps then you need to stop automatic forwarding that may have been set up on your other account.
How to Transfer Emails between two Gmail Accounts through Gmail App?
The Gmail App has the options to add multiple Gmail or non-Gmail email accounts. Follow the steps mentioned below to add other accounts to your Gmail App so that you can check emails from all the accounts.
- Open Gmail App from your Android phone or Tablet.
- Tap on the “Menu” button in the top left corner.
- Tap the Dropdown menu located righted to your username.
- Press “Add Account”
- Select the type of account you are looking to add in your Gmail App.
Note: Select “Other” in case you don’t find your email service in the list”
- Keep following the steps that will appear on the screen and the other account (Gmail or non-Gmail accounts will be added to your Gmail App).