Fix your Email timings. Know how to set a correct time zone in Gmail
A wrong date and time in your emails can lead to a lot of confusions. If your email recipients complain about the wrong time and date associated with your email or if you can find emails with future dates in your inbox, then it indicates that you have an incorrect time zone in Gmail. However, before making any changes to correct the time zones you should make sure that your operating system time zone is correct and the computer’s clock is rightly timed.
Correcting your time zone becomes even more necessary if you are a frequent traveler who visits countries with different time zones regularly. In this article, we will show you the step by step procedure to update the Gmail time zone and avoid unnecessary confusions.
Correcting your Gmail Time Zone through your web browser
As all the Google service, uses same account settings. So, if you want to change the Gmail Time zone then you can do it by making some subtle changes in the Google account settings.
- First of all, log into your Google account and open google home page.
- Click on the “Google Apps” icon from the top right corner.
- Now from the opened menu, select “Calendar”.
- Click on settings gear icon from the upper right corner of the calendar window.
- Click on settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and find “time zone” settings.
- Select the correct time zone and city under the primary time zone.
Note: In case you can‘t find the city or time zone listed then make sure that the correct country is selected under Language and region section.
- You can also add time zone using the world clock if you want.
- Finally, click on “Save” after making the changes.
That’s it your Gmail Time zone is fixed. Once time zone is fixed you can also invite people to your Google calendar event.
Point to remember
- Please note that a bug in Google chrome can interfere with the Gmail time zone. So, to make sure that you don’t have any trouble due to this bug, you should update Google chrome to the latest version. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to update google chrome browser.
- Open chrome menu from the top right corner.
- Hover upon the “help” button.
- Click on “About Google Chrome”.
- Update your Google chrome browser if any update is available.
Change Your Gmail Time zone via Mobile Phone
The best way to adjust the Gmail time zone via mobile phone is through the Google calendar app. Follow the step given below to use Google calendar app to alter Gmail Time zone.
- Open Google Calendar app from your Android’s or iPhone’s home screen.
- Tap on the menu icon (Three horizontal Bar stacked over each other) from the top left corner.
- Tap on settings after scrolling down.
- Open “General” settings.
- Turn off “Use device time zone” option.
- The option to change the time zone will be available as soon as you turn off the “Use device time zone” toggle switch.
- Click on “Time zone” and select the correct country and time zone.
- The previous screen will open as soon as you select the time zone. You do not have to do anything else. Your timezone is corrected. However, if you encounter any error message then you should contact Gmail support for further instructions.
3 thoughts on “How to change the custom Time Zone in Gmail?”
With havin so much content do you ever run into any
problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My
blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either
authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it
up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any
ways to help protect against content from being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.
We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have performed an impressive activity and our entire
group shall be thankful to you.
Wonderful work! This is the kind of info that are supposed to be
shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for now not positioning this publish upper!
Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)