Gmail is undoubtedly most popular email service and even after all these years, it has more than 1.5 billion active users worldwide. It comes with many features and is extremely user friendly. Despite all its characteristics there are certain times when issues arise with Gmail, the Gmail won’t load Today being the most common one. There are many reasons that trigger this issue, making it difficult to apply the right troubleshooting measures. However, once you discover the right reason for Gmail not loading, it becomes easier to fix the issue.
To help Gmail users with this issue, we have prepared this article that acts as a complete guide. Keep reading to know how to find the reasons behind the issue and then resolve it in the most efficient way. Whether you are facing this issue on your Windows or Mac device, on mobile or laptop, you will find the solution for Gmail won’t load problem Today. Even if you do not have much technical knowledge, you can easily follow these troubleshooting methods.
Reasons Triggering Gmail Won’t LoadIssue
There can be many possible reasons why your Gmail account is unable to load on your device. Below mentioned are some of the most common reasons that might cause this issue. Let us have a look at them.
- There is some problem with your internet connection not allowing Gmail to load completely.
- Using an incompatible browser to open Gmail will cause problem in loading. Similar issue can also occur with an outdated browser.
- Problems with the device being used to open Gmail such as virus, low disk space, etc can also create Gmail not loading issue.
- Any third-party program installed in your system might be creating troubles whileloading Gmail.
- Issue with the Gmail account like incorrect settings configuration or use of incorrect password can put Gmail in a loading loop.
Different ways to solve the Gmail not loading problem
Gmail is used for both personal and professional communication and issues with it can cause you to miss out on important emails. The troubleshooting methods for Gmail won’t load on iPhone Yesterday, android or any other device depends mainly on the reason that is causing this issue. But not to worry, here you will find out the different ways to solve the Gmail not loading problem.
Check issues with your internet connection
Before you move forward withfixing your Gmail account or device, first thing you need to look for is your internet connection. To make sure that there is no problem with your internet, try opening a webpage on different browsers and devices. If no issue occurs and the pages load successfully, you can move forward with next troubleshooting method. However, if issues occur during loading, major chances are there that your Gmail won’t load on android, iPhone, etc because of slow internet connection. Here’s how you can fix the issues with your internet.
- Switch off and disconnect your router, modem and your device. Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect them to see if this fixes the issue.
- Make sure that airplane mode is turned off in your device, be it mobile or laptop.
- Check whether your current data pack is valid and active. If not, buy a valid data pack and then try opening Gmail.
Issues with browser and how to fix them
Many times the problem is with the browser you are using but it makes it appear that there is some problem with your Gmail account and is therefore not loading. Fixing the issues with the browser will automatically fix the Gmail not loading, if it is in fact causing the problem.Here are a few things that you can try to fix the problem with your browser.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser. You can easily check this out by opening the home page of your browser. If any download is available, it will show under the settings menu.
- For mobile devices, go to Play Store or App store to see if any update is available for your browser.
- Always use a compatible browser to open Gmail. Chrome from Google is the best browser to open Gmail so try that you use Chrome to load Gmail.
- Disableany plug-ins or extensions added to your browser as some plug-ins and extensions can prevent Gmail from loading.
Now that you are sure that both your internet and browser are okay, the next thing you should look for is problems with your device. After internet and browser, device related issues are the main reason for Gmail not loading. Some basic steps to fix issues with your device are discussed below.
- First of all, make sure that your device is not running low on disk space. If so, free up some space by deleting unnecessary files.
- Third-party software installed in your device especially an antivirus or firewall program oftencauses conflict with Gmail. Try temporarily disabling such program and then load Gmail.
- An outdated operating system is also a reason for Gmail won’t load issue. Make sure that your device’s OS is updated to its latest version.
- In order for Gmail to load and work properly, it is important that there is no virus infection in your device. Run a system scan using a good antivirus program and remove the threats detected, if any.
Resolve the problem with your Gmail account
Now that you have checked everything, it’s time to see if the problem is with your Gmail account and then solve it. Here’s how you can do this:
- If you are using Gmail from your mobile device, make sure that the configuration was done successfully. If you are not sure about this,try reconfiguration with the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Free up space from your Google Drive and then see if the Gmail won’t load issue is fixed.
- If theGmail server is down for some reason, all you can do is wait for the Gmail to fix this problem at their own end.
FAQs related to Gmail Not Loading Issue
- What are the supported browsers for Gmail?
Google Chrome, although others might work fine too
- How do I disable extensions and plug-ins?
Open Chrome home page and go to menu. Select More Tools > Extensions and the toggle the extensions to off position. Each extension will be disabled separately.
- How do I configure Gmail properly?
You need to provide correct IMAP and POP settings to configure Gmail properly.