The simplest method to read all your Gmail messages in another Email client
Gmail is one of the finest webmail services around the world. It offers all the features and functionalities that an ideal webmail service should have. This is the reason why it has over a billion users around the globe. However, every individual has his own taste and preference. Despite all its benefits, Gmail can’t stand up to the expectations of some users and they decide to move on to other email clients like Yahoo, outlook etc.
In case you are also one of those people you prefer some other email clients over Gmail then you can read your Gmail messages in your favorite email client. In this tutorial, we will provide you step by step method to read all your incoming Gmail messages in other email clients effortlessly.
Reading Gmail messages in other Email clients
If you prefer the User Interface of Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail, then you can simply set up your Gmail account in these email clients and retrieve messages directly. However, if you like some other web-based services like Yahoo, then you can choose to forward all your Gmail messages to the preferred email client. Alternatively, you can also forward selected Gmail messages using filters.
It is totally up to you whether you want to forward all your Gmail messages to the other client or just a few emails that meet certain criteria. It is also recommended that you should export Gmail contacts to your favorite email clients along with the preferred incoming messages. However, forwarding all your messages is often recommended unless you take a piecemeal approach.
How to forward Incoming Gmail messages to other Email address?
Before moving on the steps, you should note that the method to forward incoming Gmail messages remains somewhat similar. It doesn’t really matter you want to access Gmail with outlook express, yahoo or any other email service.
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account and click on settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Open “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click on “Add a forwarding address” from the “Forwarding” section.
- In the “Please enter a new forwarding email address” field, you need to enter the email address to which you want to forward all your future incoming emails.
- After entering the email address, you should click on “Next”.
- In the new pop-up window, you should click on “Proceed”.
- Now, Gmail will send a verification message on the email address you have just entered. Now, you need to log into that email address and check the verification email sent from Gmail Team under the subject line “Gmail Forwarding Confirmation”.
- In the verification email, there will be an eight-part code. You need to copy that code and switch back to Gmail.
- Paste the copied code in the Confirmation code field under “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab. After pasting the code click on “verify”.
- Choose “Forward a copy of incoming mail” and again enter the email address you want all emails forwarded to.
- Now, setting up the Email address is almost complete. It is the time you should instruct Gmail what to do with the received and forwarded incoming messages. For that, you have to click on the field right next to the email address and choose the appropriate option from the drop-down menu. The options in the drop-down menu are as follows:
- Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox: This option will leave the message in Gmail inbox as unread and new.
- Mark Gmail’ copy as read: This option will mark the forwarded messages as read and leave them as it is in the Gmail inbox.
- Delete Gmail’s copy: If you choose this option, the forwarded message will move to the “Trash” folder and will be deleted automatically after 30 days. It is not recommended to choose this option as it may result in losing some important emails.
- Archive Gmail’s copy: This probably the most useful option. By choosing this option, you instruct Google to mark forwarded emails as read and move them to the archive folder. You can check these messages from the archive folder whenever you want.
- Finally, click on “Save Changes”.
How to forward messages automatically from Inbox by Google App?
The “Inbox by Google” is an email service launched by Google in May 2015. It has a completely different user interface, organizational scheme, and features as compared to the Gmail. This service is not much popular. However, if you are using this service then you can forward the incoming messages in “Inbox by Google” by the steps similar to that mentioned above for the Gmail web version.
Note: The messages forwarded from “Inbox by Google” will still show up in your “Inbox by Google” account.
Disable Automatic Forwarding in Gmail
In case you change your mind and want to stop the automatic forward of your Gmail messages to the other email client. Then you can do it by following the below-mentioned steps
- Visit Gmail and log into your account.
- Click on “Settings” gear icon from the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Open “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Under “Forwarding” section, click on “Disable forwarding”.
- Finally, scroll down and click on “Save Changes” from the bottom of the screen.
Automatic forwarding to Gmail messages will stop straight away. In case you receive an error message then you should recheck settings or contact Gmail support for further instructions.