Setup Xfinity Email on Outlook 2010 – Xfinity Outlook Settings
One can easily configure Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email and fetch their messages via Outlook. You can not only receive but also send Xfinity emails via Microsoft Outlook. Other basic features of Xfinity mail can also be easily accessed through Outlook 2010. What you simply need is the right steps for performing this configuration. The other basic requirements include an internet connection, and Outlook and Xfinity email account and the correct settings. If you are also wondering how to setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email, simply follow this article for complete details.
Information you require to add Outlook 2010 with Xfinity email
It is important that you collect the following information before you start the Outlook 2010 for Xfinity Email configuration process.
- Your full name as in your Xfinity email account
- Complete Xfinity email account address
- Your complete user name with the domain
- Email account password
- Incoming server port
- Outgoing server port
Server settings for Outlook 2010 setup for Xfinity email
You will need the following server settings to configure Microsoft Outlook 2010 for Xfinity Email:
|For incoming server||Details to be entered|
|For outgoing server||Details to be entered|
Easy steps to setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email
The easy steps in which a user can setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email are given below. Follow these steps exactly as explained for successful configuration.
- Open your Outlook 2010 and go to the ‘File’ menu.
- Now, tap on the Account Settings button and select ‘Account Settings’.
- Select the ‘new’ button.
- Click on ‘email account’ button and select ‘next’.
- Click on the ‘manually configure server settings or additional server types’ button and click on ‘next’.
- Make sure that ‘Internet E-mail’ is selected and then click on ‘next’ again.
- A ‘POP and IMAP account settings’ dialog box will appear on the screen. Provide the following information on this page:
- User information
- Your name: Enter your full name
- Email Address: Provide your complete Xfinity email address
- Server information
- Account type: Select IMAP as your account type
- Incoming mail server: Type imap.comcast.net in this field
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): In this field, enter smtp.comcast.net
- Logon information
- User name: Your user name will be filled automatically.
- Password: Enter your email account password
- Once all the details are entered correctly click on ‘more settings’.
- Go to the ‘outgoing server’ tab.
- Put a check on the ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- Select the ‘use same settings as my incoming mail server’ if not already selected.
- Now, go to the ‘advanced’ tab and enter the following details:
- Incoming server (IMAP): Enter 993 in this field
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select SSL from the drop-down arrow
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Enter 587 in this field.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select TLS from the drop-down arrow
- After carefully entering these click on ‘ok’.
- Tap on the ‘next’ button. Outlook will perform a test of the account settings.
- Once the test is successfully completed, click on the ‘close’ button.
- Click on ‘finish’ and then click on ‘close’ once the setup process is complete.
- Do not skip any step of the setup process or else you will have to repeat all the steps from the beginning.
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- Before starting the configuration process, make sure to take backup if important data. The process might delete some offline saved data.
- The information such as username, account address, password, etc must be provided correctly.