Email is no longer a service that only elites and sophisticated people can use. Now, almost every individual who uses Internet has an email account. The reason why a large number of people like email is that it allows you to send and receive emails whenever you want ease. Xfinity is an email service that is used by a lot of people. It works flawlessly most of the time. However, problems like being unable to send Xfinity email is faced by users more often than not.
Not being able to send a Xfinity email can be utterly problematic in case you use Xfinity email for your professional purposes. There is no doubt that Xfinity is a magnificent email service. However, it is also true that technical glitches can malfunction with any email service in the world. Keep reading this article to know why Xfinity isn’t sending emails for you and how you can get rid of this problem with ease.
Solutions to Fix problems in sending Xfinity Emails Today
Finding solutions to Xfinity email not sending issues is easy if you know what is triggering the problem. Here are some easy solutions that you can try in case you are not able to send emails using your email account.
Step 1: Check your Internet Connectivity
You must have a good Internet connection in order to send emails not only on Xfinity but on any email service. So, the first thing that you need to check is your internet connectivity. The lack of stable internet can result in errors like “webpage not loading properly”. It is easy to check your internet connection, you just have to open multiple tabs on your browser and open different websites. In case websites fail to open then try the following solutions.
- Make sure that your router or modem has no connectivity issues.
- Check and confirm that all connection cables are placed in the correct ports. If any connection is loose then fix it.
- Ensure that your device is paired correctly with your router/ modem. Check your wifi connection to see your connections.
- Pair your PC or mobile device properly if it is not already connected.
Step 2: Email Server Settings of Xfinity
Every now and then, we can see users complaining about problems like Xfinity email not working on Outlook or third party email clients. This happens due to using incorrect IMAP/ POP settings. Please note that it is compulsory for you to enter the correct settings to be able to use Xfinity email on third-party applications. Check the correct IMAP/ SMTP and POP settings applicable to Xfinity email accounts.
IMAP (Incoming server)
- IMAP Server: imap.comcast.net
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP security: SSL / TLS
- Username: Enter your full email address
- IMAP password: Enter your Xfinity password
SMTP (Outgoing server)
- SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net
- SMTP port: 587
- SMTP security: STARTTLS
- username: Enter your full email address
- SMTP password : Your Xfinity password
POP3 (Incoming mail server)
- Pop Server: pop3.comcast.net
- POP3 port: 995
- POP3 security: SSL/TSL
- Username: Your full email address
- POP3 password: Your Xfinity password
Note: In case IMAP settings are not working for you then you may think of switching to POP settings or vice-versa.
Step 3: Check the browser you are using
One of the good things about the Xfinity email account is that it works wonderfully well on most web browsers. But it is true that only using a compatible browser is not enough to send Xfinity emails. There are multiple things you need to check.
- At first, you must check that you are using a compatible browser to load your Xfinity email account. For the best experience, we recommend you to opt for reputed web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Make sure that there are no unsupported add-ons and plugins installed on your web browser. Try to send an email after disabling each of the add-ons. This way you will be able to find the problematic add-on. You may then disable it and enable the rest of the others.
- Try to send the email once again after clearing the cache and cookies of your website. Please note that the steps to clear cache and cookies are different for various web browsers.
- You may also close the browser completely and run it once again to see if this resolves the problem.
- Finally, if the problem continues then you may consider switching to a different browser.
Step 4: Size and format of the email you are trying to send
You will get a Xfinity email sending error if the size of the file you are trying to send is too big. In this kind of situation, you will be able to send the big file only after breaking it into multiple smaller files.
There are some file formats that are supported by email services. In case you are trying to send a file in any of these formats that you will get sending errors.
Step 5: Confirm that you are not blocked
You must also confirm that you are not blocked by your recipient. To check that you must contact your recipients by another method and request them to ensure that you are not on their block list.
Step 6: Xfnity Servers Status
There might be an issue with Xfinity server due to which you are not able to send Xfinity emails. You need not worry about such a situation because these issues get fixed automatically within a few minutes. So, we recommend you send emails again after a few minutes.