A slow and sluggish email service can be a nightmare. The situation can be even more frustrating when you have to send or receive an urgent email. All the email service providers including Xfinity are working hard in order to make their email service smooth and fast. Despite all their efforts, many users still have to face email services hangs every now and again. The condition is quite similar for the Xfinity users as well. More often than not, Xfinity email keeps freezing up causing a lot of nuisance for the users.
This article is for those users who are wondering why their Xfinity email keeps on hanging. Here, you will get to know the reasons why Xfinity email is not responding and what you can do in order to fix it.
Primary reasons why Xfinity keeps freezing up
The reason why an Xfinity email account freezes up usually depends upon the device and browser on which you are using Xfinity. Here is the list of common reasons behind a Xfinity email hang.
- Xfinity email not responding because you are using Xfinity email on a browser that is not compatible.
- The device on which you are using Xfinity email is not supported.
- Xfinity email stopped responding because your device is running out of storage space.
- Your Internet connection is slow and interrupted.
- Accumulation of too many caches and cookies can also be the reason why your Xfinity email is freezing on Safari or any other web browser.
- Virus or malware infection in your device.
- Plug-ins and extensions stopping Xfinity email from loading properly.
- Xfinity email can also hang if the file attached to the email is too big.
Please note that these are just a handful of primary issues. There are many other issues as well that can result in a Xfinity email hang.
What to do if Xfinity email keeps hanging on Safari or other web browsers?
In case Xfinity email keeps freezing up on chrome, safari, firefox or any other browser then you should follow the steps given below. You should try to run Xfinity email after following each step and check if your Xfinity email account is still freezing or not.
- First of all, ensure that the browser you are using is compatible with Xfinity email.
- Clear the browser data including cache, cookies and search history.
- If the problem continues then you should disable the extensions and add-ons of your browsers. Make sure to load Xfinity email after disabling each extension. This will help you identify the extension that is causing the problem.
- It is also possible that your windows firewall and antivirus might be the reason why your Xfinity email hags. So, you may try to load Xfinity again after temporarily disabling the antivirus and windows firewall. If the problem continues then you should enable the antivirus, windows firewall back again otherwise your computer will be vulnerable to a malware infection.
- Run a deep antivirus scan in your device using a good antivirus and remove the viruses (if any).
- Make sure your device is not running out of storage space. If the storage space is low then you should clear some data in order to increase the space.
Your Xfinity email account should run smoothly after following the steps illustrated above. If your email is freezing up on Outlook then you should reconfigure the Xfinity account.
Xfinity Email not loading on Android or iPhone
In case your Xfinity email account is freezing constantly on Mac, Android or iPhone then you should follow the steps given below:
- If you have set up Xfinity email on iPhone or Android then you should try to use Xfinity using a browser. If Xfinity doesn’t load on browser then you should follow the steps discussed earlier in this post.
- In case the Xfinity email is working fine on a browser but hanging after setting it up on the device then it indicates that there is a problem in configuration.
- You should remove Xfinity email from your device and install it again using POP/ IMAP protocols.
- Make sure there is enough storage space in your iPhone, Android, mac device.
- If your Xfinity Email keeps freezing up then you should check the other applications installed on your device. Remove all such applications that you can conflict with the Xfinity email.
- Scan your device with a good antivirus app and remove all possible virus threats.
- Many a time, a rebooting can also fix the problem you are facing. So, in case the problem continues then you should reboot your device multiple times and check if this solves the issues.
In case the Xfinity email is still hanging or crashing then you should report this issue to Xfinity and seek further help.