Xfinity is one of the top-notch email services available on the Internet. There is no doubt that this service is world-class. Still, users have to deal with various technical and non-technical glitches every now and then. Xfinity email attachment issue is one such problem that is reported by users more often than not.
You should note that errors are inevitable features of any technology. Generally, we can see users complaining about the problems like being unable to send Xfinity, not being able to receive Xfinity email, etc. In today’s post, we are sharing details about Xfinity email attachment issues. We will let you know about the reasons behind these problems and steps to fix them.
Common Reasons behind Xfinity Email Sending/ Receiving Problem
To be able to resolve a problem you need to find out the factors that are triggering the issues. The Same is also applicable to the Xfinity email attachment problem. In order to do it, you need to track down the factors that are stopping you from sending or receiving attachments. Given below are the most common reasons behind such issues.
- Slow Internet Connection – It is mandatory to have a good Internet connection to send or receive an email attachment. If you are not connected to the internet then you will have to deal with issues.
- Improper Settings – The misconfigured IMAP/ POP settings are also responsible for various kinds of problems with the proper functionality of Xfinity email.
- Format of the file – There are many file formats that are not supported by Xfinity. Due to security reasons, Xfinity blocks such file formats to be sent or received through email.
- Size of the file – If the file you are trying to send is too big then you will face an error. Please note that Xfinity allows you to send only a limited size of the file.
- Compatible Browser – The browser you are using should be compatible. Those who are using an incompatible browser might find it difficult to attach a file to their Xfinity emails.
- Add-ons and Plugins – Many a time, add-ons and plugins installed on your browser can also cause Xfinity email to malfunction. If you have unsupported third-party add-ons/ plugins installed on your browser then you might have to email attachment encounter issue.
- Problems at the end of your receiver – It is also possible that there might be no problem at your end. In case something is wrong at the end of your receiver they won’t be able to download the email attachments that you are sending.
How to fix Xfinity email attachment Problems?
Now that you know the factors causing email problems, you may try the following solutions to fix email attachment issues on Xfinity.
- Check your Internet Connection – Firstly, you should make sure that you are connected to the internet. If you are running Xfinity on a mobile device then you should ensure that you are connected to Wifi or mobile data connection.
- Size of the File – The size of the file you are trying to send should be within the permissible limit. If you have to send a larger file then you may save it in the cloud storage and then share a link. If possible, you may divide the data available in the original into multiple smaller files.
- File Format – As mentioned earlier in this post, there are many file format that not supported in Xfinity. So, you remove these files from your email and try to send it once again. The unsupported file formats are as follows.
- Check Browser’s Compatibility – You should confirm that the browser you are using is compatible with Xfinity. For a better browsing experience, we recommend you to try only popular web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Update Browser – The browser you are using to open Xfinity email not be obsolete. Those who are still using an outdated browser should update immediately.
- Number of emails – Please note that An email message can be sent to a maximum of 100 recipients. If you are already exhausted our daily quote then you need to wait for tomorrow to be able to send emails once again.
- Add-ons and Plugins – In case you are using a browser with unsupported add-ons or plugins then you might be unable to attach a file to the email. So, we recommend you try again after disabling each third-party add-on. In this way, you can find out the plugin that is triggering the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the maximum size of the file that I can attach to a Xfinity email?
Answer: You can not attach a file that is larger than 25 MB in size.
Question – 2: How many emails can I send through my Xfinity email account daily?
Answer: You can send up to 100 emails through your Xfinity email account in a day.
Question – 3: What are the formats of the files that are filtered by Xfinity email?
Answer: For security purposes, Xfinity filters the following file formats – .vbs, .pif, .scr, .msi, .reg, .exe, .bat, .com, .cmd
Question – 4: How many emails can I receive on my Xfinity email account in a day?
Answer: You can receive up to 1000 emails in a day.