Xfinity provides you the facility to transfer the current Xfinity email folder to another email account and access all your files from this alternative email account. In the other way around, you can also transfer important files from other email accounts to your Xfinity mail. A tool has been developed by Xfinity to help the users in easy transferring of files known as import.xfinity.com. Based on the other email account you wish to transfer files to or from, other tools are also there to help you with file transfer. This article provides the users a familiarity with such file transfer tools and how to use them to migrate Xfinity email folders and files.
Different Ways to Migrate Current Xfinity Email Folders
Whether you have created a new Xfinity email and want to transfer all important files to this new account or vice versa, you can do this in very few easy steps. For this, you can use these two important tools- Gmail’s Import Mail and Contacts tool and Xfinity Import.xfinity.com tool. The step-by-step process to transfer Xfinity email folder and files is given in detail below.
Transfer Xfinity email folder using import tool of Gmail
A simple way to transfer current email folder is by using Gmail’s import mail tool. You can very easily import your Xfinity folders and messages to your Gmail account by following these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to official sign-in page of Gmail.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the gear-shaped icon present the top-right corner of your Gmail account.
- Go to settings > accounts and import.
- Select ‘import mails and contact’ and sign in to your Xfinity email account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of file migration.
Import Xfinity email files and folders using import.xfinity.com
You can use this simple tool developed by Xfinity known as import.xfinity.com to migrate your important emails to Xfinity. The information that you copy to your Xfinity email may seem different in appearances but will be the same otherwise.
What actually is this tool?
If you are not aware of the import.xfinity.com, well here is a quick overview. Xfinity along with ShuttleCloud has developed this tool to copy your old email to your new Xfinity account easily. It provides transfer of folders, contact and every other file using a Xfinity migration portal.
Benefits of using import.xfinity.com
A few benefits you will get by using this migration tool are given below:
- Any kind of data, files, folders, attachments, contacts, etc can be easily imported from any email service using this tool.
- You can use this tool for free and without much technical expertise.
- It is highly secure tool that respects the privacy of the user. Any information that you provide while using this tool is kept completely confidential.
How to transfer files using import.xfinity.com
Moving on, the steps to use this super powerful tool to transfer Xfinity email folder are given below. The simple pre-requisites of this process are an internet connection, a web browser and an Xfinity email account. Follow the steps as explained below to import files to your new Xfinity account:
- Step 1: On the official support page of Xfinity, you will find the link to open import.xfinity.com tool.
- Step 2: As you click on this link, a new window will appear. Select whether you want to transfer email or contacts.
- Step 3: Next, select the email provider from which you want to transfer your data.
- Step 4: You will be directed to Xfinity Migration Portal to sign into the other email account from which you want to import data.
- Step 5: You also need to provide Xfinity the permission to collect data from that email account.
- Step 6: After that, you need to login into your Xfinity email account to load the data imported by import.xfinity.com.
- Step 7: Follow the rest on-screen instructions to finish the migration of files to Xfinity email.