Xfinity is one of the leading internet service providers in the United States. In addition to the high-speed internet, it also provides stupendous email service. The security features of Xfinity Email are exemplary; it will never allow you to access your emails without confirming your identity via password. However, similarly to the users of any other email service, the users of Xfinity email also forget their password every now and then. In such cases, the users just need to run Xfinity Email password recovery in order to get their email accounts back.
In case you also forgot Xfinity login info then this article is just for you. Here, you will get the finest steps to recover Xfinity email password in the most convenient manner.
Things to check before you reset Xfinity password
It is quite easy to recover Xfinity email passwords but at the same time, you should ensure that you really need a password reset. That’s why you should check the following things before you start the procedure to recover Xfinity email password.
- If you are facing a Xfinity login issue due to entering an incorrect password then you should ensure that the caps lock button is not pressed on your keyboard.
- Remember you should initiate the email password recovery only via compatible browser and device.
- Make sure you keep Xfinity password recovery email ID or phone number handy before initiating the process.
How can I reset Xfinity password?
When you forgot Xfinity email password, the only option you have is to recover email account to get your emails back. Here are the instructions that you should follow in order to do so.
- Open a compatible browser and visit the password recovery page of Xfinity i.e. https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset?execution=e1s1.
- After that, the Xfinity login page will open. Here, you need to provide your Xfinity email address.
- After entering the email address of Xfinity, you need to click on the “Continue” button.
- In the next step, you need to fill the captcha code that will appear on your screen.
- Now, you have to select the method by which you want to receive the security code i.e. via a phone number or via alternate email id.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have a phone number or alternate email id added to your account then you should click the “Try another way” button. In this way, you can prove your identity to Xfinity by answering the security questions.
- Then, you should look for the security code on your alternate email id or phone number in order to recover your email password.
- Enter the security code you have received at the prescribed space or answer the security question to the best of your knowledge.
- Click on the “Continue” button and then you will be re-directed to create a new password.
- Then you have to create a new Xfinity email password which you can use for future logins.
That’s it folks! You can now sign-in to Xfinity email using the new password you have just created.
How to change Xfinity email password?
The steps mentioned earlier in this post are applicable for the situation where your Xfinity password not working. If you are able to login to Xfinity email using your current password then you can change it whenever you want. You don’t have to face much of a hassle in case you are planning to change Xfinity email password instead of resetting it.
- To initiate the process, you should sign in to Xfinity email via login.xfinity.com/login.
- After logging in, you should open the “My Account” section.
- In the account page, you need to locate and open the “user” tab that is available at the top of the page.
- Now, you should go to “Xfinity Access”. Here, you will find multiple options, you just need to select “Password” and choose the “Edit” option.
- Provide the current Xfinity password.
- Then, enter the new password that you want to use for logging in to your Xfinity email account.
- Confirm the new password once again and click on the “Save” button.
Your password for Xfinity email account is now changed. You can sign in using the new password from now onwards.
How to change your Xfinity password using the Xfinity My Account App?
As mentioned earlier, you don’t need to follow the steps to recover Xfinity Email account password if you are just looking to change the password. In addition to web mail, you can also change the Xfinity password via Xfinity my account app as well by following the steps given below.
- Firstly, you need to log in to the Xfinity My Account app.
- After that, you should tap on the “Account information section”. This section will display your name and username.
- Then, you have to tap on the “Change Password” button.
- Now, enter your current password followed by a new password.
- Confirm your new Xfinity password by entering it for one more time.
- Finally, tap on the “Save” button.
Characteristics of a Good Xfinity password
No matter if you are looking to reset Xfinity password using your email password recovery or you just want to change it, it is necessary for you to provide a new password. Here are a few instructions that you should keep in mind while creating a new password.
The length of your password should be at least 8 characters to 16 characters.
It should contain a good combination of lower case letters, upper case letters, symbols and numbers.
You should also restrict yourself from using common phrases in your password because they are easier to guess.
Also Read: Xfinity email not working on iphone
If your Xfinity email gets hacked previously then we also recommend you to change security questions after resetting the Xfinity password. Additionally, if you are unable to sign in to Xfinity email after changing/ recovering password then you should contact Xfinity for further instructions.