Comcast email is used by over a million of users for carrying out the usual activity of sending/receiving emails. While the email works smoothly in all devices, yet there are times when due to certain reasons it starts creating trouble for the users. What happens when Comcast stops responding in Windows 10? The situation can become annoying as it can affect your work.
Many Comcast users encounter problems when they use the same in their Windows 10. Users often cannot log in into their Xfinity email account due to incorrect configuration or some server related issue. If these problems are not solved on time then they can directly affect your professional life. This article will present all such problems faced by the users and their solutions in a comprehensive way. Comcast users will get to know the process on how to fix windows 10 and Comcast email issues.
Different issues with Comcast webmail in Windows 10
There are many issues that are flagged by the Xfinity users when they use Comcast in Windows 10 laptop or PC. Here are some of the key issues encountered by them-
Windows 10 mail not syncing with Comcast
Configuration issue in Windows 10 for Comcast webmail
windows 10 Xfinity wifi issues
Cannot login into Comcast webmail in Windows 10
Cannot send or receive emails in Xfinity webmail
Comcast email not working in Windows 10
Comcast keeps on freezing up
Xfinity webmail showing errors
Windows 10 stops responding when using Comcast webmail
The issues stated above are just a handful among others. If these problems are not fixed soon then you cannot access your emails stored in Comcast email account. However, there is nothing that cannot fix these issues. You can easily resolve some of these issues all by yourself. But there are certain issues might need extra help. This help can be reached through the Comcast customer support where the agents provide you the complete resolution in a timely manner.
Solution for Comcast email issues in Windows 10
Now it’s time to take a thorough look at the solutions of issues with Comcast email in Windows 10. Follow the step by step procedure as mentioned below to get rid of the problem once and for all.
Comcast webmail syncing problem with Windows 10
If you cannot sync Xfinity email with your Windows 10 computer, then you need to update the windows and follow the given steps-
- Turn off the windows defender security center
- Allow the mail app to pass through the windows firewall
- Turn off the 3rd party security software preventing you from syncing your emails
- Remove your Comcast account and add it again.
- Change the email configuration if needed
- If you are getting an error “your account settings are out of date” then you need to ensure that the SSL security certificate is marked as checked in the advanced settings.
Configure Windows 10 mail for Comcast email
Incorrect email configuration can lead to all sorts of problem in using that email. Similarly, if Comcast is not configured correctly in your computer then it can cause sending/receiving errors among others. Here’s what you need to do to setup Comcast email for Windows 10 mail-
- Open Windows 10 mail and select the “choose an account” tab.
- From there, you need to click on the “other account” option.
- Enter the following information in the fields given-
- Email address: Provide the Comcast webmail address
- Password: Enter the password you use to login into Comcast email
- Click on the “sign-in” button once the details are entered.
- Provide your name in the corresponding field and hit the “sign-in” button.
- You have now successfully configured Windows 10 mail for Comcast. You can use the same to send and receive emails.
Problem in setting up Comcast email in Windows 10
The Comcast email set up in Windows 10 is quite simple. All you need to do is-
- Update the system
- Restart your computer and open the mail app in Windows 10.
- Click on the “add account” button and go to the “advance settings” tab.
- Choose the “internet mail” option.
- Enter the following information-
- Account name: Set this field to “my Comcast email”
- Name: Provide your name
- Incoming email server:comcast.net
- Account type: IMAP4
- Outgoing email server:comcast.net
- Place the checkmark across all the options that are displayed on your computer screen.
- Click on the “sign-in” button and then click “done” to complete the setup.
Fix sending/receiving problem in Xfinity email
To resolve this problem, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below-
- Check your internet connection
- Check for the network outage in the area
- Verify the sender/receiver’s email address
- Delete the cache and cookies from the web browser
- Check if you have crossed the daily limit for sending/receiving emails
- Check the spam folder in your email
- Try using a compatible web browser for signing up into Comcast webmail
Comcast stopped responding in Windows 10
There can be many reasons why Comcast email stops working in Windows 10. There might be some configuration error or 3rd party software conflicting with Comcast or some other reason. However, you can fix this issue by making sure that-
- Check that the extensions and plugins are not creating the problem. If so, then remove those extensions and plugins from your web browser.
- If there is a virus present in your PC then it can cause Comcast not to work in Windows 10. Use your PC in safe mode to remove malicious virus and malware from your device.
- Uninstall the 3rd party software that is conflicting with the working of Xfinity email.
- In case the attachment size of the file you intend to send exceeds the limit then also your Comcast can stop working. Make sure to compress the large files before sending them to the receiver.
- Restart your device if Comcast is not working in your Windows 10.
You may also contact Comcast technical support for more help and troubleshooting to fix any problem with Comcast email.