Comcast or Xfinity email is loaded with some of the most advanced and easy-to-use features. This is one of the primary reasons behind its growing popularity. However, we must not forget that despite all the features, the primary function of an email account is still the same i.e. sending and receiving email. It is not worth it to use a Comcast email account if you are unable to send emails. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Comcast error messages that you can face while sending an email.
If you are not able to send Comcast email due to an error message then this post can help you a lot. Here, you check what these error messages mean and what you can do in order to fix them. Additionally, we will provide you with the solution to fix “Xfinity not sending email” problem even when you are not receiving any error message.
Why am I facing error messages when sending Xfinity email?
In case you are receiving a Comcast error message when sending email then it is an indication of the following things.
- The error messages clearly indicate that your computer system might contain viruses.
- As per the security experts, this kind of viruses spread through emails. It is highly possible that you might have received such spam email having a virus.
- Once your PC is infected, the virus gets attached to your email account. By doing this, it gets forward to other unprotected computers through your Comcast email account. That too, without even letting you know.
So, we can conclude that if you are encountering the error messages when sending an email on Comcast then you should look for the ways to remove viruses from your computer.
What to do if my Comcast email showing error messages while sending emails?
Let’s go through the steps that you should follow in case your Xfinity email account showing an error message when sending emails.
- First of all, you should visit the official website of Microsoft and ensure that you have the latest patches along with windows security updates installed on your computer. You should note that this step is applicable only if you are facing error messages when sending Comcast email on a windows computer.
- In case the error messages are still appearing then you should install a personal firewall along with antivirus software. Run a deep scan on your computer using the antivirus and get rid of the malwares (if any). This step is also applicable for those users who are encountering error messages while sending Xfinity email on Android/ iPhone
- Sometimes, even the antivirus applications are not enough for you to get rid of the issues. In such cases, you have to get your computer cleaned by professional retailers.
Comcast Blocking Email accounts
Comcast is also trying their level best to stop viruses from spreading in their network. In order to do so, they are temporarily suspending the accounts of the users sending more than 1000 emails in a day. This suspension is temporary that generally last up to 24 hours. If you have to send more than 1000 emails in a day then you may opt for Xfinity business-class email through Comcast Business Services.
Comcast not sending emails
Sometimes, you don’t face any error message but can’t send emails on Comcast. Here are the steps that you should follow in such a scenario.
- Make sure your internet connection is smooth. A slow internet might be the reason why you are not able to send emails on Comcast.
- Ensure that you haven’t sent more than 1000 emails in the last 24 hours. This is the foremost reason for the problem if you can receive Comcast email but cannot send.
- In case Xfinity not sending emails on iPhone/ Android, then you should recheck IMAP/ POP settings. You should focus more on outgoing mail server information within the IMAP/ POP settings.
- If Comcast SMTP (Outgoing server) not sending an email then you may also consider the reconfiguration of the account.
- You should also check the file attachment. Make sure that the size of the file attached to your Xfinity email is not more than the permissible limit.
- If you are facing problem in sending Comcast emails via third-party email application such as Thunderbird, outlook then you should check Comcast email settings for Outlook, Thunderbird etc. You can check the correct settings for third-party email clients on the official website of Comcast support.
- You may also switch to another browser or device on can’t send emails on Comcast.net webmail.
- Scan your device using a good antivirus and make sure your device is not infected.
We hope that this article will help you get rid of the error messages when sending Email. However, if you still can’t send Xfinity emails without an error message then you should contact Comcast and seek help.