Create A secondary Xfinity Email Account
As an Xfinity customer, you are allowed to add up to five secondary accounts to your primary Xfinity account. You can set up these additional accounts for your family members or friends. You are also allowed to assign unique usernames for the secondary accounts. These usernames will become Xfinity email addresses for the secondary Xfinity accounts that you will create. For example – if you create a secondary Xfinity account with the username “John” then the email address for this user will be email@example.com.
Creating a secondary Xfinity account is fairly simple. This tutorial is intended to help those users who are wondering how to create an additional Xfinity account. Here, you can check the steps for Xfinity secondary account creation along with all additional information that you should know.
Benefits of creating an additional Xfinity user
Before moving on to the steps to make a secondary email account, you should check the benefits of doing so.
- You can have up to 6 unique Xfinity email addresses under one Xfinity internet connection.
- The Xfinity secondary users that you will add would not require your account login credential to sign into the Xfinity website and watch Xfinity movies & TV shows.
- In case you give the Xfinity secondary users permission then they can also check and pay the bills on your behalf. This feature can be extremely helpful if you add your family members and friends as your secondary account.
How to create a secondary Xfinity Account?
Here are the steps by which you can add new users in Xfinity account. These steps are progressive in nature and you should not skip any of these steps.
Step 1: Create a Xfinity account if you don’t have one
- To add a Xfinity secondary account you need to have a primary one.
- You can sign up for an account online or via mobile phone.
- The Xfinity email comes under the package of Xfinity high-speed Internet.
Step 2: Sign in to Xfinity website
- After creating the Xfinity email account, you should go to the Xfinity website.
- Click on the “My Account” link that will appear on the top-left hand corner of the screen. This will take you to the Xfinity sign-in page.
- On this page, you need to sign in using login credentials of your primary Xfinity email address.
Step 3: Make an Xfinity Secondary account
- Once you sign-in to your primary Xfinity email account. You need to click on the “My Account” button.
- Then, you should check the section for additional accounts that are available in the middle row.
- The lines appearing underneath the “additional accounts” section indicates the number of accounts you can create.
- Now, you need to click on the “Create a secondary account” button. This will open a new window where you can create additional Xfinity email accounts.
- After that, you have to enter the username as well as the password for your secondary Xfinity account.
- In addition to this, you will also be asked to enter the secondary questions and answers. These security questions are essential when a secondary account user forgot Xfinity password.
- Then, you will be asked if the primary account holder can update and modify the account of secondary users. If you are looking to create secondary Xfinity email account for your kids then this option will help you manage their accounts.
That’s it, you don’t have to do anything thing else, the secondary emails will be created in your Xfinity account automatically.
What is the difference between a Restricted and Unrestricted user?
When you make Xfinity secondary email account, you have the ability to grant certain privileges to your secondary email account holders. You can create a restricted Xfinity secondary user or an unrestricted Xfinity user. Here is the difference between the two.
- Restricted Xfinity users can only access those areas in your account to which you have granted them permission. You can grant them permission to Voice, billing section etc. as per your choice.
- Unrestricted Xfinity secondary users have access to all the features of your account including billing. However, they cannot send and receive emails on your behalf.
How to edit the privileges of Xfinity secondary account?
Here the steps by which you can change permissions for Xfinity secondary account users.
- First of all, you should sign-in to your Xfinity account.
- Then, you should click on the “Users”.
- After that, you have to select the secondary users for which you want to edit the permission.
- Scroll down and go to the “Permissions” section. Here, you need to choose the sections for which you want to give permission.
- Finally, you just need to click on the “Save” button.
You can change these permissions whenever you want.
How to delete a Secondary account in Xfinity?
You can also delete Xfinity secondary account whenever you want. In order to do so, you should check the steps given below:
- Log in to Xfinity using your primary account.
- Then, you should open the “Users” section.
- After that, you have to select the user’s name that you would like to delete.
- Click on the settings link appearing just below the name of the user you are looking to delete.
- Click the “Delete User” button that will appear on the top-right corner of the page. The user will now be deleted automatically.
We hope that this article helps you make secondary Xfinity account. However, if you are unable to create an Xfinity secondary account or have any query then you should contact Xfinity support.