Create A secondary Comcast Email Account
As an Xfinity customer, you are allowed to add up to five secondary Comcast accounts to your primary Comcast account. You can set up these additional accounts for your family members or friends. You are also allowed to assign unique usernames for the secondary accounts. These usernames will become Comcast email addresses for the secondary Xfinity accounts that you will create. For example – if you create a secondary Comcast account with the username “John” then the email address for this user will be email@example.com.
Creating a secondary Comcast account is fairly simple. This tutorial is intended to help those users who are wondering how to create an additional Xfinity account. Here, you can check the steps for Comcast Xfinity secondary account creation along with all additional information that you should know.
Benefits of creating an additional Comcast Xfinity user
Before moving on to the steps to make a secondary Comcast email account, you should check the benefits of doing so.
- You can have up to 6 unique Comcast email addresses under one Xfinity internet connection.
- The Comcast secondary users that you will add would not require your Comcast account login credential to sign into the Xfinity website and watch Xfinity movies &TV shows.
- In case you give the Xfinity secondary users permission then they can also check and pay the bills on your behalf. This feature can be extremely helpful if you add your family members and friends as your secondary account in Comcast.
How to create a secondary Xfinity Account?
Here are the steps by which you can add new users in Comcast account. These steps are progressive in nature and you should not skip any of these steps.
Step 1: Create a Comcast account if you don’t have one
- To add a Comcast secondary account you need to have a primary one.
- You can sign up for Comcast account online or via mobile phone.
- The Comcast email comes under the package of Xfinity high-speed Internet. So, you should note that Comcast email is not free.
Step 2: Sign in to Comcast website
- After creating the Xfinity email account, you should go to the Comcast.net website.
- Click on the “My Account” link that will appear on the top-left hand corner of the screen. This will take you to the Comcast sign-in page.
- On this page, you need to sign in using login credentials of your primary Comcast email address.
Step 3: Make an Xfinity Secondary account
- Once you sign-in to your primary Comcast email account. You need to click on the “My Account” button.
- Then, you should check the section for additional accounts that are available in the middle row.
- The lines appearing underneath the “additional accounts” section indicates the number of accounts you can create.
- Now, you need to click on the “Create a secondary account” button. This will open a new window where you can create additional Comcast email accounts.
- After that, you have to enter the username as well as the password for your secondary Xfinity account.
- In addition to this, you will also be asked to enter the secondary questions and answers. These security questions are essential when a secondary account user forgot Comcast password.
- Then, you will be asked if the primary account holder can update and modify the account of secondary users. If you are looking to create secondary Comcast email account for your kids then this option will help you manage their accounts.
That’s it, you don’t have to do anything thing else, the secondary emails will be created in your Comcast account automatically.
What is the difference between a Restricted and Unrestricted user?
When you make Xfinity secondary email account, you have the ability to grant certain privileges to your secondary email account holders. You can create a restricted Comcast secondary user or an unrestricted Comcast user. Here is the difference between the two.
- Restricted Comcast Xfinity users can only access those areas in your Comcast.net account to which you have granted them permission. You can grant them permission to Comcast Voice, billing section etc. as per your choice.
- Unrestricted Comcast secondary users have access to all the features of your Comcast account including billing. However, they cannot send and receive emails on your behalf.
Comcast Email Error Codes and Messages – Fix All The Errors
How to edit the privileges of Comcast secondary account?
Here the steps by which you can change permissions for Xfinity secondary account users.
- First of all, you should sign-in to your Comcast account.
- Then, you should click on the “Users”.
- After that, you have to select the secondary users for which you want to edit the permission.
- Scroll down and go to the “Permissions” section. Here, you need to choose the sections for which you want to give permission.
- Finally, you just need to click on the “Save” button.
You can change these permissions whenever you want.
How to delete a Secondary account in Comcast?
You can also delete Comcast secondary account whenever you want. In order to do so, you should check the steps given below:
- Log in to Comcast using your Comcast primary account.
- Then, you should open the “Users” section.
- After that, you have to select the user’s name that you would like to delete.
- Click on the settings link appearing just below the name of the user you are looking to delete.
- Click the “Delete User” button that will appear on the top-right corner of the page. The user will now be deleted automatically.
We hope that this article helps you make secondary Comcast account. However, if you are unable to create an Xfinity secondary account or have any query then you should contact Xfinity support.