Setup Comcast Email on Outlook 2010 – Comcast Outlook Settings
One can easily configure Outlook 2010 for Comcast email and fetch their Comcast messages via Outlook. You can not only receive but also send Comcast emails via Microsoft Outlook. Other basic features of Comcast mail can also be easily accessed through Outlook 2010. What you simply need is the right steps for performing this configuration. The other basic requirements include an internet connection, and Outlook and Comcast email account and the correct settings. If you are also wondering how to setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email, simply follow this article for complete details.
Information you require to add Outlook 2010 with Comcast email
It is important that you collect the following information before you start the Outlook 2010 for Comcast Email configuration process.
- Your full name as in your Comcast email account
- Complete Comcast email account address
- Your complete Comcast user name with the domain
- Comcast email account password
- Incoming server port
- Outgoing server port
Server settings for Outlook 2010 setup for Comcast email
You will need the following server settings to configure Microsoft Outlook 2010 for Xfinity Email:
|For incoming server||Details to be entered|
|For outgoing server||Details to be entered|
Easy steps to setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email
The easy steps in which a user can setup Outlook 2010 for Xfinity email are given below. Follow these steps exactly as explained for successful configuration.
- Open your Outlook 2010 and go to the ‘File’ menu.
- Now, tap on the Account Settings button and select ‘Account Settings’.
- Select the ‘new’ button.
- Click on ‘email account’ button and select ‘next’.
- Click on the ‘manually configure server settings or additional server types’ button and click on ‘next’.
- Make sure that ‘Internet E-mail’ is selected and then click on ‘next’ again.
- A ‘POP and IMAP account settings’ dialog box will appear on the screen. Provide the following information on this page:
- User information
- Your name: Enter your full name
- Email Address: Provide your complete Comcast email address
- Server information
- Account type: Select IMAP as your account type
- Incoming mail server: Type imap.comcast.net in this field
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): In this field, enter smtp.comcast.net
- Logon information
- User name: Your user name will be filled automatically. Just make sure that it is correct and must include @comcast.net
- Password: Enter your Comcast email account password
- Once all the details are entered correctly click on ‘more settings’.
- Go to the ‘outgoing server’ tab.
- Put a check on the ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- Select the ‘use same settings as my incoming mail server’ if not already selected.
- Now, go to the ‘advanced’ tab and enter the following details:
- Incoming server (IMAP): Enter 993 in this field
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select SSL from the drop-down arrow
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Enter 587 in this field.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select TLS from the drop-down arrow
- After carefully entering these click on ‘ok’.
- Tap on the ‘next’ button. Outlook will perform a test of the account settings.
- Once the test is successfully completed, click on the ‘close’ button.
- Click on ‘finish’ and then click on ‘close’ once the setup process is complete.
- Do not skip any step of the setup process or else you will have to repeat all the steps from the beginning.
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- Before starting the configuration process, make sure to take backup if important data. The process might delete some offline saved data.
- The information such as username, account address, password, etc must be provided correctly.