Being able to use your Comcast email account on MS outlook gives a whole new dimension to this email service. Outlook offers way a better user-interface than Comcast and helps you send and receive emails in an organized way. The Comcast email service is designed to way work perfectly with Microsoft Outlook. As long as you have a working internet connection you may set up a Comcast account in outlook. Go through this post, if you don’t know the correct method to use MS Outlook to access Comcast emails.
Things to check before you Configure Comcast email on Outlook
It is very easy to add a Comcast email account to Outlook. Still, there are some important things that you should keep in mind before initiating the configuration process.
- Check the internet connectivity: It is obvious that you must have a good stable internet connection to set up Comcast on Outlook. In case of a problem with the Internet, you may contact your ISP.
- Know the login credentials: Also, ensure that you know the accurate email and password of the Comcast email account you are looking to add. We request you to reset Comcast password first if you can’t remember it.
What are the Comcast email settings for MS Outlook
The most recommended Comcast email IMAP settings for outlook are given in the table below.
|Incoming Server hostname||imap.comcast.net|
|SSL (Security) incoming||SSL|
Alternatively, you may also use Comcast email POP3 settings for outlook. However, they are considered less stable than IMAP.
How do I set up Comcast email on Outlook
Those who don’t know how to use settings to access Comcast email account on MS Outlook can check the step by step process below.
- Open your PC and launch MS Outlook.
- Then, you must open the “Tools” menu and choose “Accounts”.
- After that, you should click on the Plus sign “+” from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Next, choose the “New Account” option.
- Provide your complete Comcast email address in the email field on the next page.
- Now, “Set up your email” window should open on your screen. Here, you must enter the following settings.
- Type: IMAP
- Email Address: Complete Comcast email address
- Username: Full Comcast email address
- Password: Enter your Comcast password.
- Incoming Server: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming port: 993
- Outgoing Server: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing port: 465
- Be sure to check the box against “Use SSL to Connect”.
- Click on the “Add Account” button once you are done with entering the settings.
- Finally, click “Done” to finish up the configuration.
Congratulations, the Comcast set up process on Outlook is now over. You may now use it to send and receive emails.
Comcast Email not working on Outlook
Sometimes, things may not go as smoothly as you think. If you can’t send or receive Comcast email on outlook then you should try the following troubleshooting measures.
- Recheck and verify the settings you have entered are correct.
- Ensure that you are not making any typing mistake while entering your Comcast email address or password.
- Switch to POP settings in case the IMAP settings aren’t working properly.
- Remove Comcast from outlook completely and reinstall it back again if the problem continues. The steps to delete Comcast Email from MS Outlook are given below.
- Open the “Tools” menu and choose “Accounts”.
- Choose your Comcast email account from the menu available on the left side.
- Click the minus “-“sign.
- Then, a pop-up window will display on your screen. You should click “Delete” in this pop-up window.