The email has emerged as the most trusted and fastest medium of communication on the Internet. It is considered the best medium of formal and business communication. The reason behind this is that emails are secured by user ID and password combination. So, no one will be accessing your account unless you want him to do so. However, due to these enhanced security features, users have to encounter sign issues every now and then. Today, we will talk about the SBCglobal Login problem specifically.
SBCGlobal is an email service that is offered through the AT&T website. It is so because the company got merged into AT&T a few years ago. However, users are still allowed to use their SBCGlobal.net email accounts. Just like other email services, users have to deal with sign in issues of SBCGlobal as well. Luckily, most of these errors can be addressed easily if you know the correct approach to do so. Go through this article to understand why you have to deal with SBCGlobal login issues and how you can get rid of them.
Common SBCGlobal login Problems and Reasons behind them
You should know that not being able to sign in is a problem not associated only with SBCGlobal email. In fact, such problems are experienced by users on all email services including Gmail, Yahoo email, etc. Let’s take a look at various SBCGlobal email errors/ issues along with the reasons behind them.
|Common Sign-in issues||Reasons behind login problems|
How to fix SBCGlobal email login problems?
Let’s go through the solutions that you can try in case you are also facing an SBCGlobal login problem.
- Check the Username and Password you are entering
- The most important thing is to confirm that you are not making any typing mistakes while entering your username and password.
- Remember, SBCGglobal email passwords are case-sensitive. So, you need to be extremely careful at the time of entering the same.
- Reset SBCGlobal Email Password
- In case you don’t remember your password then you will have to reset the same to access your email account. Please note that there is no way to retrieve the same SBCGlobal password that you were using previously. You can only create a new password.
- To reset SBCGlobal.net email password, you will have to visit the official login page of AT&T click on the Forget password button.
- Now, you will have to provide your SBCGlobal.net user ID/ email address and last name. On the same page, you must also enter the captcha code and click on the “Continue” button.
- This step is most crucial. Here, you need to choose the method by which you want to receive the temporary password. You can either receive it on your phone number or an alternate email address linked with your SBCGLobal email account. You can also opt for answering the security questions associated with your email account.
- In the next step, you will have to enter the temporary password received on your phone number or linked email ID.
- Now, provide a new password for your SBCGlobal email account and confirm it.
- Finally, save the changes. You may now sign in using the password you have created.
- Check the Browser you are using
- In case you are sure that you are entering the correct password and still unable to sign in you must check your browser.
- Check and confirm that the browser you are using is compatible. We recommend you to go for popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Those who are using an outdated obsolete browser you should update. SBCGlobal or AT&T works the best on the latest versions of compatible web browsers.
- Confirm that there is no unsupported plugins or add-ons installed on your web browser. We should uninstall all such add-ons and plugins in case we are using them.
- SBCGlobal IMAP/ POP Settings
- Apart from entering accurate passwords, you must enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings to use SBCGlobal email on email clients.
- The correct SBCGlobal IMAP settings are as follows.
- Incoming mail (IMAP) server – mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port – 993
- SSL requirement – Yes
- Outgoing (SMTP) server – mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing port – 465 or 587
- SSL Requirement – Yes
- Authentication Requirement – Yes
How can I change SBCGlobal email account?
Hacking is the dark reality of the Internet world. To keep hackers at bay we should regularly change our passwords. Here is the step by step process to change SBCGlobal.net email password.
- To change the password, you need to visit the AT&T login page and sign in with your current email address and password.
- After logging in, you should locate and open the “Sign-in” tab.
- In the next step, you must click on the “Change Password” button.
- Now, provide a new password for your SBCGlobal email account and save it.
- You may now log into SBCGlobal with your new password.
We hope that you would be able to fix SBCGlobal login issue after going through this post. If you are still facing a problem then it is better to contact SBCGlobal customer service and seek advanced solutions.