AT&T Secure Family is a mobile application that allows parents to track their child’s location and Internet usage. This app is one of the finest as far as its features are concerned. However, some technical hiccups are also quite common in this application. The problems like AT&T secure Family not tracking location, AT&T Secure family stopped working are faced by a lot of users on a regular basis.
This application allows up to two parents to locate and manage the family member’s mobile phone. You should keep reading this post in case AT&T Secure Family not working for you. Here, we will discuss the proper methods to fix issues related to the proper working of the AT&T Secure Family app.
What are the system requirements?
It is crucial to know about the AT&T Secure Family system requirements before we move on to the advanced solutions to fix common issues. Many a time, the errors are caused only because the system requirements are not fulfilled by the users.
- Apple iPhone users should have iOS 11 or higher.
- Android users must have Android 5.0 or higher
- Please note AT&T secure family doesn’t work on smartwatches, feature phones or other devices without SIM cards.
- The smartphone must have a separate phone number and be able to receive and send messages with ease.
- This application is designed to work only in the AT&T service area within the United States. Remember, some of the features of AT&T secure family don’t work outside the service area.
Common Issues with AT&T Secure Family and their Solutions
If the AT&T Secure Family app stopped working even after your device fulfills all the system requirements then you should look for an individual solution for your problem. We have discussed solutions to some of the most commonly faced problems related to the AT&T Secure Family as given below.
AT&T secure family not sharing location
You should know that the location accuracy depends upon the device’s settings, geographical location, and network connection. Nonetheless, you may still check the following instructions to troubleshoot issues.
- Make sure you have added the AT&T Secure family companion app on your child’s phone.
- Know if your child has disabled the Secure Family Companion app. In such cases, you have to ask your child to activate the Secure Family Companion.
- Make sure the phone of your kid is no switched off or running on a low battery (less than 20% battery).
- The phone of the child being tracked should not be on Airplane mode.
- Check and make the cellular data is active in both devices.
AT&T secure family not pairing on Android
Another common issue that is faced by many users is AT&T secure Family won’t pair. Let’s go through the solution to fix such kind of problem.
- First, confirm that the child’s device has an Android operating system 5.0 or higher installed.
- The phone of the kid must not have any other parental control application for example – Circle Go, Life 360, etc.
- Ensure your child’s device doesn’t have any other VPN installed.
- The pairing SMS of AT&T secure family application is also blocked by the shortcodes blocker. So, make sure that your child’s device does not have such blockers installed.
What to do if AT&T Secure Family Companion not working correctly?
In case the application was working fine earlier then you must check the following things.
- Make sure that the companion app is not deleted by the child.
- The device being tracked must not be off or running low on battery.
- In case AT&T secure family not working on iPhone then ensure that the Mobile Device Manager profile is not removed.
- Another virtual private network (VPN) should not be installed on the device.
- Also, confirm that the device with AT&T Secure Family Companion is not being used as a mobile hotspot.
How do I remove AT&T secure family?
We all know that AT&T Secure family is a paid service. In case you are billed for this service in your AT&T invoice then you may unsubscribe it. Let’s go through the steps in order to do so.
- Run AT&T secure family application on the parent device.
- Open “Settings” and then “Account”.
- After that, you need to select “Cancel Secure Family” and follow the prompt that will appear on your screen.
Note: The method to unsubscribe AT&T secure family is a bit different if you have installed it through the Google play store or App store purchase.
In case the AT&T Secure family isn’t working even after trying the measures discussed in this post then you need advanced solutions. In such cases, it is better for you to contact AT&T Support.