As long as you have a wifi or mobile internet connection you can use your AT&T email account on an iPhone with ease. You can either use your AT&T email account through the Safari browser on iPhone or set it up using the POP/IMAP. Sending and receiving AT&T emails on iPhone is very easy. However, many a time, different errors and issue cause a lot of problem for the users trying to access AT&T on iPhone. If you are an AT&T email user and your AT&T email account not working on iPhone then this post is just for you.
You should note that like any other email service, AT&T also involves a lot of technical and non-technical issues. We will discuss most of them in this tutorial. Additionally, we will also provide you with the appropriate solutions in case your ATT email not working on iPhone 2020.
Why my ATT.net email not working on iPhone?
It is not possible to figure out one or two issues that can cause an AT&T email problem in iPhone 2020. Actually, there are many possible factors that can lead you to a problem in using your iPhone. Nonetheless, we have compiled some of the most common reasons why you have to face problems in using AT&T email on your iPhone.
- The browser you are using on your iPhone is not compatible with iPhone.
- If you are unable to sign in to AT&T email 2020 then it is quite possible that you are not entering the correct email address or password.
- Your internet connection can also be a reason if you are facing problems like AT&T email not opening, AT&T not responding etc.
- Add-ons in your safari browser stopping AT&T from loading properly.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings are the main cause of a problem if you are looking to set up AT&T email on iPhone (in “Mail” app).
- Antivirus application in your iPhone blocking AT&T from working smoothly.
- If your AT&T email not receiving emails on iPhone then it is quite possible that your iPhone lacks storage space.
- Sometimes, you can face problems like unable to read Att.net emails, not able to open attachment etc. Such problems generally occur when your device missing the flash player or other application required reading the attached files.
Apart from these general issues, there are many other major and minor issues as well that can cause trouble in your ATT email account.
How to fix ATT email not working on iPhone problem?
The issues that can occur in an AT&T email account are diverse in nature that’s why solutions, in order to fix them, are also different. Let’s resolve some of the most common AT&T email problems on iPhone.
Unable to log into AT&T email (Forget password)
If you forget AT&T email password then you need to run ATT email password recovery by following the steps below:
- First of all, you need to visit the AT&T Forget password page.
- Provide your complete AT&T email address along with your last name.
- Select “I’ll answer my security question” option (You can also opt for entering security code through alternate phone number or email ID)
- Answer the security questions that you would have set while creating your AT&T email account.
- Enter a new AT&T email password for your account.
That’s it, you have successfully reset AT&T password. You can now log into your email account swiftly.
AT&T email loading slowly on iPhone/ ATT email not working on Safari
Safari is the most preferred web browser for iOS devices. In case you are facing problems in using AT&T on safari then you should follow the steps given below.
- Check your internet connection; it should be fast and smooth.
- Restart your iPhone and try to run AT&T email once again.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your safari browser.
- Make sure there is no such application that can cause a hindrance in the proper workflow of Safari browser.
- Run a virus scan using a good antivirus application.
Remember these steps are applicable if your AT&T email account not working on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8 or latest iPhone X.
AT&T not sending & receiving emails
You should check the following things if you are unable to send or receive AT&T emails on iPhone.
- Firstly, you should check your wifi or mobile data connection to ensure that you are connected to the internet.
- Make sure your account is not blocked by AT&T due to any suspicious activity or sending a lot of spam emails.
- Check other folders in your AT&T email account such spam, trash etc. Sometimes, incoming AT&T emails can land in these folders as well.
- Fix the problems in email attachment i.e. make sure that the size and format of the file attached with the email are permissible in AT&T.
AT&T.net not working on “Mail” app of your iPhone
It is necessary to configure ATT emails on iPhone in order to access them through the “Mail” App. If you are facing problems then it quite possible that your AT&T email account is not configured properly. Thankfully, you can add AT&T email on iPhone automatically. Follow the steps given below in order to do that:
- Choose the “Settings” option from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Tap on the “Mail” button followed by “Account”.
- Then, you have to select the “Add Account” option.
- Choose “Yahoo!” from the list of email service providers.
- Enter your full AT&T email Address and password at the prescribed location.
- Tap on “Next”.
- Select the information you want to download to your iPhone i.e. E-mail, contacts, Notes, Calendars etc.
- Finally, tap on “Save”.
Unable to set up AT&T email on iPhone
In case you can’t configure AT&T on iPhone automatically or manually then you need check that your POP/ IMAP settings for AT&T on iPhone are correct. The IMAP settings for using AT&T email account on iPhone are given below:
- POP/ IMAP: IMAP
- Incoming server Hostname: imap.mai.att.net
- Incoming server Port: 993
- SSL (Incoming Server Security): ssl
- Outgoing Server Hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing server port: 465
- Authentication requirement/ requires sign-in: yes
In case your AT&T account still not working on iPhone 2019 then you should contact AT&T support for further instructions.