Roadrunner Email Settings for Iphone
Setting up an email account on iPhone is easier for popular email services like Google, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL etc. However, doing this can be a bit difficult for less famous email services like Roadrunner email. IMAP/ POP settings of popular email services are preconfigured in iPhone. On the other hand, you have to install IMAP/ POP settings manually in order to set up Roadrunner email on iPhone. Once you are done with Roadrunner email iPhone configuration, you can use your iPhone to send and receive Roadrunner email.
Apart from the iPhone, you can also add Roadrunner email on iPad and iPod touch as well. If you are an iPhone user and wondering how to setup Roadrunner email on iPhone then you should keep reading this post till the end. Here we will take you through the Roadrunner POP3 settings for iPhone along with the steps to set up Roadrunner email on an iPhone.
POP3 Settings to set up RR email on iPhone
You can choose either IMAP or POP settings in order to connect RR email with iPhone. The POP3 settings to configure Roadrunner email on iPhone are given below:
|Incoming mail server hostname||Pop-server.dc.rr.com|
|SSL (incoming server security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||Mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com|
|Outgoing mail port||25|
Things to remember before Setting Roadrunner email account on iPhone
Although the process to set up rr.com email on iPhone is quite easy, you should keep some important things in mind before starting the process.
- In case you have previously downloaded email in your iPhone, then these emails can be deleted while setting up a new roadrunner email account. That’s why you should take a backup of these emails before starting the configuration.
- It is important that you know your complete Roadrunner email address and username because it will be required at the time of configuration.
- In case you don’t remember your Roadrunner email password, you should reset it before you start to set up a Roadrunner email account on the iPhone/ iPad.
- Your iPhone should have a proper internet connection in order to set up a Roadrunner email account on your iPhone. Internet connectivity is important because the account information that you will add during the configuration process will be verified from the server.
How can I configure Roadrunner email on an iPhone?
Here is the step by step process that you should follow in order to set up an RR.com email account on an iOS device.
- Go to your iPhone home screen and open setting by tapping the gear icon.
- In the “settings” menu, you need to find and tap on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
- After that, you should select the “Add Account” option in order to add Roadrunner email account.
- Then, you should scroll down to tap the “Other” option. This option will appear under the list of popular email services like Google, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL etc.
- Now, choose the “Add mail account” option and enter the following information regarding your Roadrunner email account
- Name: Enter your name. (enter display name you want to be seen in the “From” field of the emails that you will send)
- Email: Provide your complete Roadrunner email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your roadrunner email account.
- Description: Enter “Roadrunner” or any other short description as per your choice.
- Tap the “Next” button from the top corner and highlight “POP” from the top of the next screen.
- Provide the information given below under the “Incoming mail server” option.
- Incoming mail hostname: pop-server.dc.rr.com.
- Username: enter the username of your roadrunner account.
- Password: provide roadrunner email password.
- Enter the information given below under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Outgoing mail server hostname: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- Username: Provide your roadrunner email account username
- Password: Enter roadrunner email password.
- Tap on the “Save” button and Choose the Roadrunner account you have just added.
- Scroll down and choose the “SMTP” option under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Choose “mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com” as the primary or main server & ensure that the following information is accurately displayed.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Tap on the “Done” button and go back to the last screen once again. Here, you should choose “Advanced” and make sure that the following information is displayed correctly.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 110
- Finally, you may conclude Roadrunner iPhone setup by restarting your phone.
Now, you can access Roadrunner email on iPhone through the “Mail” app.
Other useful tips and tricks
Here are some other tips and tricks that can help you link Roadrunner email to iPhone easily.
- Please note that some of the steps we have mentioned in this post can vary according to the iPhone model in which you are using RR email. For example: the steps to set up Roadrunner email on iPhone 6 are a little bit different from the steps applicable for iPhone 10.
- If Roadrunner email is not working on iPhone then you should recheck the account and server information you have added. If the problem continues then you should seek help from the Roadrunner email support.
- Don’t forget to restart your device i.e. iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch otherwise the changes will not be saved.