Pinterest is one of the most popular image-sharing platforms on the internet. Used by millions of people every day, Pinterest enables us to discover new information with the help of images, videos, and animated gifs. Just like our accounts on other social media platforms, our Pinterest account is also protected by a password. Forgetting the password is one of the most common issues encountered by users. Thankfully, the process of Pinterest password reset is quite easy.
The reason why Pinterest is so famous is that it is a free website that you can use through your web browser, and apps for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 PCs. At the same time, you can recover your Pinterest password on all these devices. In today’s post, we are going to share complete information related to Pinterest password recovery.
How to Reset Pinterest Password?
You may easily reset your Pinterest password on the web by following the steps listed below.
- To begin the proceedings, you need to visit the Pinterest login page.
- Next, you should enter your Pinterest username or email address associated with your Pinterest account.
- Click on the “This is me” button that would display next to your Pinterest account.
- After that, you must check the email address linked with your Pinterest and open the recovery email.
- Click on the link available in the email and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Provide a new password for your Pinterest account and click on the “Change Password” button.
Steps to Reset Pinterest Password on iPhone or Android
Most of the users like to use Pinterest on iPhone or Android devices. Such users can try the following steps to reset their Pinterest account password.
- First of all, you should go to the Pinterest Password Reset Page i.e. http://pinterest.com/password/reset on your mobile web browser. On Android, you may use Google Chrome and on iOS, you can use the Safari browser for this purpose.
- On this page, you should enter your email address associated with Pinterest and your name, or your username. Click on the “Search” button so that the system can identify your account.
- Click on the “This is me” button that will display next to your account and get a password recovery link in the inbox of your email account.
- Log in to the email account associated with your Pinterest email account and open up the password reset email.
- Then, from the email, you should click on the “Reset Password” button.
- In the next step, you will have to provide a new password for your Pinterest account.
- Finally, save changes and conclude the process.
Once the account recovery process gets over, you may check the new credentials by signing into your Pinterest email account.
Not Receiving Password Reset Emails From Pinterest
There are many cases in which it is observed that users don’t receive emails from Pinterest. In case you are also facing similar problems then you should check your spam folder. Pinterest stops sending emails in case you mark their email as spam or if your emails are getting bounced back.
If you haven’t marked such emails as spam then you should try the following tips.
- Search for the email from Pinterest in your inbox.
- In case you are using Gmail then you must check the Social folder. It is so because sometimes, the email you are looking for can land in your social folder instead of primary.
- In case you are using your email amount through an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird then you must check your email from the web. It means you should open Gmail, Yahoo, etc. directly without using an email client.
- You should ensure that you are checking the email address associated with your Pinterest account. In case you need a hint then you can look at your email address in your Pinterest account settings available under Settings.
- You must edit your email notification in your Pinterest Account Settings available under settings. Here, you are allowed to choose from types of email notifications i.e. Board Searches & topics, Activity, Social, Pin Picks, others)
Pinterest doesn’t recognize my Email Address
In case Pinterest doesn’t recognize your email address and does not let you reset the password then you try the following measures.
It is possible that you are entering the incorrect email address due to a typo. So, you should ensure that you are not making such mistakes. A few of the common typos are as follows.
- Using .con instead of .com
- Using @yahoo.com instead of @ymail.com
- Entering .com instead of .net
- In case your Pinterest account is connected to Facebook or Google then you click on the “Continue with Facebook” or “Continue with Google” button. In this way, you can bypass entering your email address and password.
How do I change Pinterest email Password?
To keep your account safe it is often recommended that you should keep changing the password regularly. Given below are the steps that you need to follow in case you know your current Pinterest password and want to change the same.
- Firstly, you should log into your Pinterest account using your current password.
- Click on the arrow pointing downward available on the top-right corner of the screen and click “Settings”.
- Then, you should click on the “Account Settings” option from the left-side navigation.
- Click on the “Change Your Password” button in the next step.
- Provide your old Pinterest password followed by a new password that you want to keep.
- Click on the “Change Password” button after entering the new password.
- Finally, click “Done” to wrap up the process.
Important Tip – To keep hackers at bay and your Pinterest account safe you should never share your password with anyone in any condition.