While opening Microsoft Outlook, some people faces loading issues quite often. Most of the time, it opens after loading for a while but sometimes it happens that Outlook gets stuck on loading profile. The problem can be very irritating, preventing you from accessing your Outlook profile, let alone perform any other task. There can be different reasons why this problem occurred but the main thing is how to fix this. Not to worry, as there are some simple ways in which the issue can be solved without requiring much technical expertise. Check out this article to learn 10 fixes for the Outlook stuck on loading profile problem.
Reasons Behind Outlook Stop Loading the Profile Issue
There are multiple reasons why Outlook might get stuck while loading the profile. Learning the reason is important beforehand as can help the issue in better manner. Let us look at some of the reasons that cause Outlook to stop loading the profile.
- The Outlook data file is corrupt.
- There are some navigation bar issues.
- Outlook is not loading after updating to Current Channel Version 1905.
- Problems with Outlook add-ins also cause trouble in loading the profile.
- Outlook is running in the compatibility mode.
- Any Outlook process is running in the background.
How to Solve the Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile Problem?
Once you find the problem that is causing Outlook to stuck, you can follow the specific troubleshooting steps discussed below. We are going to have a look at them one by one.
Repair Corrupted Outlook Data Files
In case the Outlook data file is corrupted causing it not to load the profile, here’s how you can fix this.
- Right-click on Outlook and select ‘Properties’.
- In Properties, go to the ‘Shortcut’ bar and click on ‘Open File Location’.
- The Outlook Installation directory will open on the screen.
- Search for SCANPST.EXE and open it.
- The Outlook Inbox Repair Tool will open after it.
- Click Browse, select the PST file and click ‘Start.’
- Files will automatically start scanning to find out errors.
- Once SCANPST has finished scanning and repairing click on Ok.
Fix Outlook not loading after Current Channel Version 1905 update
Sometimes it happens that after updating Outlook to Current Channel Version 1905 (Build 11629.20196) and higher, it hangs at loading profile and won’t start. The Outlook team made some changes to the service to fix this issue but in case you are still facing it, try restarting Outlook a couple of times so it can pick up the service change.
Close any Outlook process is running in the background
You might notice sometimes that certain Office process unexpectedly runs in Task Manager even when you didn’t open the application. This can stop your Outlook profile from loading. Ending the process (or processes) may enable Outlook to then open normally and if it doesn’t happen, you can also try disabling the Outlook presence features.
Ending processes in Task Manager
Follow the steps given below to end the Outlook processes running in background in Task Manager:
- Right click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and search for the Office processes running in the background.
- You now need to select and close each Office process.
- To do this, right click on the process and then select End task.
- Try opening Outlook once again see if the profile loads successfully.
Disable Outlook presence features
In case even after closing the Outlook processes in the background, it is not loading the profile, you might need to disable Outlook presence features. Follow the steps given below for the same:
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Go to Options and then select People.
- Uncheck the check boxes next to ‘Display online status’ and show user photographs when available.
- Select OK and then restart Outlook
Note: If you click on your account picture or go to File > Account, the problem might get triggered again.
Try opening Outlook in administrator mode
Sometimes, opening Outlook in administrator mode can help fix the issue with profile loading problem. Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on Outlook and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- When asked, click on Yes to confirm the selection.
- Outlook will start running as administration and might not face profile loading issues anymore.
Disable Outlook Add-ins
Sometimes, add-ins that you might have added to your Outlook account may create issues causing Outlook to stuck on loading profile. Follow the instructions given below to disable Outlook add-ins and fix the issue.
- First of all make sure that your Outlook application is closed.
- Select Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the box, type ‘Outlook.exe /safe’ and click Ok.
- Now, select your Profile and click on Ok.
- Select File > Options and click on Add-ins.
- Click on Go and uncheck all the Add-ins.
- Click on Ok, close Outlook and then restart it.
Some navigation bar issues can also cause the Outlook stuck on loading profile problem. To fix the same, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure the Outlook application is closed
- Select Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the box, type ‘Outlook.exe /resetnavpane’ and click Ok.
- Navigation panel of Outlook will go into the default state and the loading problem might get fixed.
Exit Outlook from its compatibility mode
Outlook, if running in compatibility mode, might sometime get stuck on loading profile. This can be simply fixed by exiting the compatibility mode and here are the steps for the same.
- Right-click on Outlook and select ‘Properties.’
- Go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’.
- Click Ok when asked for confirmation.
- Once your application is stopped from running in compatibility mode, restart and open it to see if the loading issue is fixed.